Social Contract

Aside from the troll bait title:
The social contract reminds me of the self-affirming language of the 80s, back when crystals were the thing and the idea of sea salt was new.

What has worked, really well I think, is the Silence Penalty. This has let the community decide its boundaries on language and behavior based on region but also on the server itself. And, while pockets of behavior/language still exist in pick-up-groups for example, trade chat is pretty clean these days. When someone goes too far, the community itself shuts it down.

I had originally thought that the report feature would lead to very nervous players and a small group of uptight people deciding on what was okay and what was not; this has not happened at all. There is plenty of room to be clever and to snicker and even to use trade to sell a piece of gear; no one can dog one individual and, in general, we all like to play and put in our two cents. I think the report feature could include “politics”, lots of troll bait people who can’t spell at all try that!

The Social Contract might serve as a nice reminder but I think that it will be secondary, by far, to the power of the Silence Penalty.

Hmmmmm :thinking:

Sounds suspiciously like something designed for the “bottom of the bottom” or “worst of the worst” whiny/crybaby segment of the community, aka bad players

Social contract should be given to the blizz employees who sexually harass women

3 Likes

I mean, I don’t see them making 600 troll post because a game released a statement that basically says: “Don’t be a jerk” but okay.

1 Like

Gonna be kinda funny to get suspended for linking
https://www.wowhead.com/item=19019/thunderfury-blessed-blade-of-the-windseeker

2 Likes

People haffa be mad

What if someone wrote a custom addon to exclude anyone on a list to interact with?
Would you be able to report the author as well as the user of the exclusion addon?
Since the Community feaskgo as of late. The shut down of the global network of boosting . thanks I was never involved in any of that.

The game quality is much better now. The bot trap of to desktop working?

Topic
 All is a mystery with the ToS

I would like them in implement some kinda thing about ragers whispering you harassments, when you kill them or when your M+, raid goes wrong 
 not just new players lol

No joke i got a 7 day silence for selling a Raid BOE on trade
Blizzard closed my ticket. Blizzard is giving too much power to the players with no oversight.

How i know its was from that? because when filing a ticket after an account action they show said chat logs to confirm u really want to file the ticket

There’s a different between spamming Trade every 30 seconds and being like WTS [this item] every few minutes.

Stop being dramatic. Good lord.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they mean advertising things other than item sales.

Honestly, I’d say ban these accounts for making such stupid topics on the forums every 30 seconds because they have no critical thinking skills.

1 Like

Like yourself? wake up, gangs of players already report people on high pop servers for little to no reason and gets accounts actioned.

Given that the channel is actually called “Trade” I doubt very much you will be banned for offering something for sale in said Trade channel.

shakes head

They can’t take action against an account without the account doing something against TOS/EULA.

Shouldn’t this put an end to carry advertising in chat? Or at the very least, it will make it illegal.

You can go out into bastion and revendreth any time and see many “players” moving in a mysterious drone like fashion, Doing nothing but collecting resources day in and day out.

Weirdly enough, That behavior is actually against the ToS, Yet you’ll be hard pressed to find any enforcement of that. I’m wiling to bet that the contract will wind up just as valid as their ToS.

Bull. Baloney. Stop spreading false information.

They can’t take ANY action against your account unless you’re in violation of the rules.

It says so in the EULA and TOS.

they can at the very least squelch you even if you’ve done nothing against the eula/tos. feel free to read through a couple of these threads:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/clarification-requested-for-in-game-squelchaccount-silence/1178522/31

since i suspect you don’t want to work to find out you might be wrong, here’s a specific quote from the last thread:

First one: they can only be actioned against if it is spam. Like advertising every 30 seconds.

Second: looking for love in all the wrong places–is absolutely not necessary and could potentially be construed as many things.

Third: if they receive multiple reports per day for language (which is absolutely false, because penalties stack and they wouldn’t keep getting multiple per day) then that’s their fault.

Change your macro and don’t spam.

All these instances you gave me examples of fall under spamming or language.