Social Contract

Did you cheat someone? It’s against the rules now. They could choose to enforce that.

why does anyone care what are they guna do ban everyone

ah i guess you missed the blue post where he described those reports as having been made “in error”. fair play

I read the contract and it includes “Hate speech” which is a red herring term for speech you simply dont like and its MASSIVELY broad and vast. Plus blizzard devs just ban on site or have robots look at mass reports so you WILL get banned for doing any of this, make no mistake. A game I played for 13 years I now have to walk on egg shells to be able to enjoy just cause a loud mouth minority of players get to run the show now. I hope someone gets wrongfully banned and has the where withal to sue blizzard, probably the only thing that will end this nonsense.

1 Like

What makes you think your slanted view of hate speech is shared by the majority of the playerbase?
Hopefully you’ll follow the rules or you won’t sign.

2 Likes

This is what I expect from someone who is alliance and not even max level. You’re just trolling m8.

100% you can be banned/silenced by not breaking TOS. It just requires enough people to report you for any reason and one GM who doesn’t understand/care.

I was silenced twice for advertising my own m15 Carries in trade chat. It hasn’t happened in a while though so I think trolls like you gave up.

To be fair, its intentionally broad wording in the contract to begin with.
The problem goes both ways. You make broad statements, others make broad generalizations.

1 Like

What makes you think that yours is not?

What you articulated was is exactly what this “social contract” is meant to do; drive others who think differently away, so do go on about iNcLuSiViTy and dIvErSiTy in tribalistic virtue signaling.

I doubt that was the intended effect, just a happy by product.

If being nice is a matter of “thinking differently” I’m personally not bothered that people would be inclined to quit because of this. Especially when I consider the type of people inclined to quit because of something as inconsequential as this, an updated ToS.

People make this lame attempt to throw inclusivity and diversity back in peoples faces when their hateful rhetoric is frowned upon or someone speaks up against it. Just an FYI, that doesn’t work like you think it does. It’s really not the “gotcha moment” you think it is.

2 Likes

your going to have to many report happy people when 9.2.5 launches my advice is to turn off all chat even whispers except for guild chat.

your account is more important then some report happy idiots.

Thats my plan. After .5 launches, chat is permanently dead too me, as is the rest of this “community”

1 Like

its the best thing you can do to protect your account from report happy clowns.

1 Like

Better to never socialize again than to lose everything I’ve acquired over the years

i generally don’t have trade chat open in the first place on the occasion that i do renew and play this game.

Their vague wording on “advertising” is kinda sus though. Usually upon posting an item on the AH i’d post what the item is in trade chat along with the price.

Then again, unless 9.2.5 releases pretty soon, i’ll be long gone before it even arrives as i’m not renewing my sub again until pre-expansion patch at the very earliest.

talk in your guild chat and no one says anything in dungeons anyway its wow gogogogogogo speed run normal dungeons…lol.

1 Like

Social contract just makes me realize how much I miss barrens chat and all is toxic nature lol

The best part is my guild only contains me and my alts, no one else

1 Like

Not socializing though can be construed as being exclusionary and also can be labeled as having a negative impact on other’s gameplay.

When i get that missed feeling i just log into the old republic and head to dromund kaas. Its a lot worse than barens ever was and that makes it entertaining.

How odd. Well guess its a good thing im pretty much over doing anything group related.

1 Like