Getting behavior warnings for linking my arena sale macro once every 5min+

I am very scared of getting banned - each day I get behavior warnings for language when I link my arena carry sale macro (gold only) only once at least every 5 minutes (I’ll press my macro, join and play an arena match or two, then link it again) on a busy server. Not sure what I should do. I really need the gold to purchase my legendaries, I wouldn’t resort to selling but I really don’t want to buy WoW tokens.

The warning isn’t necessarily for language, but that the behavior is being reported by your fellow players. That tends to mean that what you are doing isn’t being well received and likely being reported for spam.

It is unlikely you will get “banned”, but it is possible that you might be squelched, temporarily silenced, which you can appeal to have looked at.

Just to put this out there, the majority of players don’t purchase WoW Tokens for gold, nor do they sell carries, they just play the game. Acquiring the ingredients through their adventures, or by working with their guild/friends.

Good luck.

14 Likes

What do these “warnings” say? If you haven’t been actioned, then there’s nothing to worry about.

You are not going to get banned for something like this, unless it’s continues to happen after many, many punishments.

A word of warning, there is no set time where it’s acceptable or not acceptable. If you are getting reported by your realm mates, then it’s a clue that they do not want to see your message, regardless of how long you wait before sending a second message.

My advice would be to make sure you are altering the message, as opposed to looking like a spammer pushing the exact same message. Even though you may not be breaking rules, the latest update to the advertising rules are still new, so it might be best to put it on the backburner until players relax a bit more.

4 Likes

What frequency and content a message has before it is considered spam is very much a community standard.

There is no hard rule stating x number of messages within y minutes.

Individual members of the community have their own standards regarding what constitutes spam.

The best Blizzard can do is to ensure that some number of spam reports are needed to automatically impose a silence and get the message reviewed by their support team and to notify the message sender that people are starting to object to the message.

It’s also worth a mention that there’s widespread misunderstanding about whether people can advertise gold carries or not. Blizzard recently updated their rules to disallow what seemed like all advertising for carries everywhere, but clarified afterwards that they only meant cross-server communities and businesses and that individuals and guilds can still sell gold-only carries, but they can’t be listed in the LFG tool.

What players absorbed from that, and often repeat, is that you can’t advertise any kind of gold carry anywhere, and they’ll report for it. Quite a lot of people are doing that for any ad they see.

Which is likely why you’re getting soft warnings as opposed to account actions, just to warn you, hey. The people on your server are complaining about this.

Between me, you and the blue wall, I think the current policy is confusing as it’s laid out. There’s a lot of wiggle room, I’m not sure who actually ended up being impacted by it. I personally feel like it would be cleaner and easier to administrate if it really was just a flat “no gold carries”, period, but that’s a suggestion for the suggestion tool!

2 Likes

People like myself who play on deadish realms and haven’t been able to find a rules-compliant boosting service since the ban on communities. That’s a subject for a different thread though.