My advertisement insta reported in chat

Received an in-game warning for “abusive language” or something after posting my advertisement ONCE in trade chat before running a dungeon. Please remove this warning from my account and proactively warn/squelch those who are reporting this still.

Here is the text:

Exziled’s M+ Service is running m15s timed or untimed right now! Just a lonely 2600io+ CE resto sham looking for love in all the wrong places. Prices vary depending how involved you are as a carry, PST for info!

You’d want to appeal that, Exziled. Although there really isn’t anything to remove if it was just a warning.

5 Likes

Yah, but the warning is what happened last time before I was silenced just moments later after posting it again.

With the warning being present I believe you can see who reported the message and present a warning/squelch to that user who is abusing the reporting system.

Otherwise why don’t we just report everyone who ISN’T posting an ad in trade chat?

You are more than welcome to do that. Will it yield results, that another story.

It’s not abuse. One player can make one report. They felt your post needed to be reported. If they specifically targeted you, and communicated that targeting in any Blizzard chat channel, then it might be.

That could be considered abuse of the system. “Trade” is a suggestion for the channel, not a requirement.

Edit Feb 18:
Policy has changed on this. Yes, report ads that are not posted in “Trade”. However “Trade” is not limited to just ads.
In-Game Advertising - Blizzard Support

Individuals and guilds selling items and services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.

2 Likes

It is abuse when it happens consistently without merit. Posting it multiple times over a period of 10-15 minutes then sure I could see how a few ignorant people could report it without understanding…

But to receive a warning 3 minutes after I post it once before getting summoned is absurd. I dare you to go into trade chat on a high pop server and post it even once and see.

I told you a while back, you need to learn to read a room.

3 Likes

Except you don’t know if it was the same person or people doing it. It would take that to even start looking at abuse of the system.

The only thing I can say is wait a couple of weeks for the newness of the new policy to die down. At the moment people see “WTS” or “selling” and they are automatically reporting it no matter what is being sold. They don’t even read the post past that.

Edit:
I do look at the WTS in chat and I do read it. I don’t report them unless they are actually spamming their ad. I know that players are permitted to sell “boosting” and mythic/raid runs as long at it’s not a community. Not all players understand that guilds and individuals are still permitted to offer those services and that the rule is only about Communities offering them.

2 Likes

Yah… or the system could work the way it is supposed to. You can defend it all day because you like to forum lurk/troll but you truly know that the system is garbage when you can report anyone for any reason and have 0 repercussions.

Here’s the thing… if people don’t get penalized for false reporting then they become emboldened and this will continue for a long long time and cause real reports to fly under the radar.

1 Like

I’d take some of the information you’ve been provided under advisement, Exziled.

You might also want to tailor what you put in chat a bit in light of the new rules. Just using words like service - and prices, is likely to result in reports, well meaning honest reporting.

In any case, this truly isn’t the venue to have this looked into - a ticket is. I’ll be closing this now.

11 Likes