Shortage of Ony Heads

My server is medium pop and we have drop times and have yet to have this problem. With the Nef head it makes things even easier.

As a complete aside, I’ve never thought of this possibility, but what if you Mind Control a target that is being Mind Controlled?

Wouldn’t it be super easy to CC the Priest?

Just start selling the ony head. I imagine there are plenty of pugs that would be willing to pay 500g or so for a guarantee drop every 5 days.

We have a 1-2 week backlog on dropping Ony heads. I held on to mine for 3 weeks before I got to turn it in, and my main caster still has not gotten a head yet.

1 Like

Nef Heads?

2 Likes

We’ve recently seen an increase in concerns about players resetting the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer buff by killing the associated NPC.

It’s important to note that this behavior is accurate to original WoW, and was possible in 2005 and 2006. Nonetheless, it’s the sort of thing that wasn’t widespread back then, and we believe that if it had been, it would have been addressed. In general, cross-faction collusion is antithetical to WoW gameplay, and the specific circumstance where players pay a member of the opposing faction help them kill their ally feels inappropriate.

There’s a related concern here – it’s entirely possible for players (who don’t know what their allies are doing or want to police what their allies are doing) to kill the hired priest, and then find themselves in conflict with their own faction-mates. We don’t like to see these sorts of hostilities within a faction of players.

Nonetheless, any change to WoW Classic has to be very carefully considered, so for the time being, we’re going to leave this functionality in place. We will continue to monitor this situation, and we may have to change it in the future. We will not suspend players for resetting the buff or attempting to prevent others from doing so. We will continue to take action against players who send hostile or offensive chat messages.

Thank you for your feedback on this.

58 Likes

Wow thank you for your response.

5 Likes

Always good to hear feedback and the continued and consistent stance against griefing.

3 Likes

For god’s sake just make this and other world buffs (Songflower, DM buffs, etc) GO AWAY when you zone into a raid.

Pretty tired of spending more time getting buffs than IN THE ACTUAL RAID.

38 Likes

Thank YOU for YOUR feedback on this!

1 Like

Nope. No one’s forcing you to get world buffs.

17 Likes

What would be the point of having world buffs then?

2 Likes

Using them… you know… out in the world. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Removing the way ony head can be reset would be a horrible change to classic wow. Currently people aren’t needing to feel pressured to be online watching for the 6hours cooldown to come up.

Instead maybe a possible change would be removing the unnecessary 6 hour cooldown on the buff going out.

20 Likes

Well technically, although they’re instnaced, raids can be found out in the world.

2 Likes

It’s nice seeing valuable posts like the one you just made here, Kaivax. I hope the Classic team is considering the effect that the world buff meta has had, and will continue to have on the game.

It’s something players have created, but it’s obviously not healthy for the game. I’m not an extreme min-maxer, but if I don’t show up with at least the Onyxia head buff, I feel like I’m not putting in the minimal effort that is expected of raiders today.

I agree with this post:

11 Likes

If the lockout can be trivially bypassed anyways, why does it need to exist.

6 Likes

That’s sort of my point. The issue presented by Blizzard is the cross-faction collusion, and paying a member of the opposing faction.

Removing the cooldown removes the need to reset Mattingly (for the alliance) and therefore solves the problems surrounding using the opposing faction

2 Likes

Why does class imbalance have to exist.

Same reason. Because it existed in vanilla.

It’s really amusing how everyone is #nochanges but then complains, when blizz doesn’t change something you didn’t like about vanilla. :smiley:

9 Likes

I was agreeing with you, just putting it in more succinct wording.

1 Like