Shaman Talent Trees

So these are a joke, right?

3% increased Frost and Fire damage is a talent? Are you for real right now?

I’m actually amazed at how boring and uninteresting these talents are, it must take extreme amounts of talent to intentionally make something so mundane and lame.I have never been more let down. There aren’t even 30 points that I want to use in the base tree lol they all are so aggressively lame. Please hire some new creative talent.

These are without a doubt the worst talent trees I have ever seen in my life.

3 Second cooldown reduction on Flame Shock for TWO talent points?

Here are some real talents.

2 Likes

The Class tree is pretty boring. I find it hard to get excited about the totems Blizz has chosen to bring into Dragonflight. Tremor, Capacitor, Earth Grab, Wind Rush. Pretty standard stuff. We’ve got those already.

What’s new for me as DPS? A deep investment for Stoneskin? Poison Cleansing? Tranquil Air? And these things have a 30-40 yard range. We’re supposed to care that we can move these around or reset their cooldown? They’re not powerful enough to even get our attention, let alone care that we might boost their range a few yards and have freedom of movement.

The thing I would be most concerned about moving is Liquid Magma, and that’s overshadowed (for me, as a raider) by Primal Elementalist.

I am happy to see Gust of Wind make a return. It was fairly niche in its usage, but I got a fair amount of use from it in Legion. Ancient Ankh Talisman seems like a nice improvement for our survivability. Reincarnation seems to be averaged into our survival toolkit. When we’re expected to die and come back without all of our consumable buffs at least once an hour, and that’s an intended point of balance, it feels bad. I see other shamans use it more often as a means of mitigating reset time on progression bosses than anything else.

4 Likes

they are boring and i’ll never like for the simple fact chain harvest ain’t there. i’d of rather just kept my what i got now and something totally new and exciting i can’t believe they put hh’s in there as it is now terrible.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is all stuff we’ve seen before and already have. I don’t really see anything new, and nothing that is interesting.

It’s so unbelievably bad.

How is it that I can come up with 10 talent trees in a week with completely new, fresh, and interesting concepts, but Blizzards entire team can’t come up with a SINGLE ONE over the course of TWO YEARS of development?

What is going on???

LOL,it’s early so look for nerfs and changes.

“It’s early” literally means nothing with Blizzard.

This is what we’re getting. Chances are very slim we will see any modicum of changes other than slight tweaks and location swaps.

6 Likes

Of course,and now they wouldn’t listen.

i’m going to laugh if we don’t get a dungeon like plaguefall and the poison cleansing totem is worthless lol.

2 Likes

I have never, ever been so disappointed by this game. This is saying something since I have played since Vanilla. Of all the things to mess up so badly on how did this talent tree go so wrong?

1. It is boring
  2. There is absolutely nothing new
  3. Why necrotic wave? What a terrible ability to put in every single spec.
  4. The combinations especially in resto/ele are all over the place.
  5. The final points are a complete joke they are almost completely surpassed by other things in the tree. Most the time I filled out trees I didnt even bother getting points at the end instead opting for the 3% increases.
  6. Really fun abilities that changed our playstyle and made us relevant such as an earth ele with a permanent earthquake are nowhere to be found

All around this is by far the worst tree.

Immediately concerned with the class tree.
I hate how I feel somewhat forced into choosing a talent on every single path right off the bat.

The amount of investment required in the first “block” of the class side just feels extremely expensive.

Also, Shaman has 2 DPS specs but 2 of the 3 end nodes is utility?

Sure - in a raid environment they’re useful.
But solo play? or for fun? So boring to essentially be pushed into one end node (if you even bother taking it).

Really disappointed with the class side.

Regarding Ele tree

Is that it? I read Blizzards preview talking about totems… I got excited for actual damage totems back, but nope.
Shaman is the first tree that genuinely feels like I am simply buying back what I already have (and not all of it).

lol exactly.

This needs a complete overhaul, full pass on every talent and ability. Like, right now. Emergency switch pull it down and remake it completely.

God if this is the shaman trees what will mage and lock be like.

Its funny that you craying cause the spec tree of shammy are pretty good there is few combo you can make. For the Class tree I agree it lack a bit but there is quite strong one for Resto

4 Likes

I love the shamam trees.

The class trees are well done. Two sheilds at once? Great

Necrotic wave ia awesome and im glad its in. It creates another ability reset, cleave and a mini lust. Chain harvest is boring.

They carried over great legendary perks. Unleash nature is back. Natures awiftness is back.

Cap totem double up.

Doom winds is back. And i can use elemental blast in a better place.

Shamn is looking great.

8 Likes

You could make even more interesting combos with a talent tree that wasn’t complete suck.

That on Enchance for 40% haste cmbine with Doom gonna be amazing

1 Like

I cant wait. Its so much fun already i cant wait. WF looks like it might be back as solid dmg.

You cry about a stat% while all other have at least 2-3 bubble doing the same. And the tree doesnt suck its really good. I can spam 10% melee dmg reduction Have 2 bubble. I I knock people up with Thunderstorm and then stun them with capacitor

3 Likes

of course the resto side looks good cause ion only mains one the rest blah. imagine keeping hot hands the same as it is now lol.

Theres a lot going on but its also really simple if you want it to be.