Dragonflight Ret paladin talent ideas

I ate a sausage egg and cheese breakfast hot pocket, it was tasty, I want another one. During that time I thought up some talent ideas for Dragonflight.

BELOW YOU WILL FIND OTHER TALENT TREES THAT I HAVE MADE

10 Likes

Wow, some of these are damn good. Hopefully someone at blizzard will see them and implement some of them in the game.

2 Likes

Most of the Blade of Justive one’s are really good ideas, and the one with the stacking divine storms, which leads to stacks of improved Templar’s Verdicts are great too.

Thanks! I’m just so tired of seeing the same half baked talents and abilities recycled over and over again. There are so many other things that could be done… why not try them?

1 Like

Good job.
/10 char

Man this is the most alpha thing ive ever seen.

Not only did you have the sickest opener to your post but you followed it with some of the most ingenious, original and totally realistic take on possible new talents and abilities.

This is incredibly refreshing to read, i even got excited, such wonderful brainstorming.

This is the only one that im like , meh, still a great idea but it pales when compared to all the sick stuff you posted before it.

I even imagine the animation for this one, like the paladin kneeling down and stabbing the sword on the ground, representing the beam of light breaking thru the sky.

Beautiful post.

2 Likes

Haha thanks a lot, I appreciate it :smiley:

As for Highlord’s Hammer, it seems a bit barren for a passive for sure but taking into account the other stacking holy damage modifiers it might be a bit much, but on it’s own not too powerful.

2 Likes

Oh i agree, im not saying its bad just you put it next to Fist of the heavens and you got me defenseless lol

I added a bit to it to make it more interesting and a bit stronger;

Critical Strikes with Hammer of Wrath gain 2% additional benefit from your Mastery for every percent of health the target is missing.

Makes Paladin have a bit better execute, while not being too powerful for possible free Procs for things like Final Verdict. (If that is still a thing, but we all know it will be because all Blizzard does is recycle stuff).

Gotta say i really love how you focus on a DnD type scaling when calculating the damage or stat boosts of your abilities, its so original and well thought out, you are great at this.

1 Like

Haha, it’s almost like I’ve been playing D&D half of my life and heavily inspired by it :heart: Interesting you could tell.

I think that Blizzard rely way too much on static bonuses, which pigeon hole classes/specs into wanting to play “the way Blizzard thinks” it should be played, rather then giving the player the tools to create a character that fits their style.

Building a heavy Mastery build for certain content and play styles, focusing on ramping your Holy damage through other talents such as Eternal Recurrence, Eradication, and Conduit of Light. Or going for a fat Haste build with Deific Vengeance, Divine Fervor, and Holy Intruder.

I wish we could see talents and builds like this. But unfortunately the best Blizzard can do is “Crusader strike cooldown reduced by 1 second” type of stuff lol. Oh well, I can dream.

3 Likes

Honestly man, like all of these are so cool and would make ret feel so incredibly interesting to play, but sadly i think blizz would look at this and imagine the balancing they’d have to do tomake this work proper and they would jsut turb back on their old ways.

1 Like

Tbh just give me a talent that gives me CDR on wings. The wings nerf of 9.2 without compensation feels awful.

Well yeah its fine to settle for the bare minimum, but lets at least dream a little, these idea would knock it out of the park for gampelay and setting a unique feel to the ret paladina sa whole.

Love the suggestions. My only question is many of these are multistaged “is x happens y happens, if x does this y does that”. We really dont see much of this now like the only spec I think has multiple conditionals are enhancement shamans which I personally absolutely love but I dont know if people would be willing to have this many multi staged talents.

Also many of your ideas could be baked into already existing talents, a way for blizzard to add more flavor/complexity like the crussder strike dot with fires of justice for example.

2 Likes

Just makes it more interesting and fun really.

More of a ramping effect, rather than being a front loaded sort of burst. Having to build stacks of something, and then have a bonus for the stacks is just fun to me I guess :smile:

1 Like

Also when you have many % proc chances they balance each other out cause if you dont get one you get another, rng in a rotaiton isnt bad as long as its not a stand alone proc that the whole gameplay is centered around, having a ton of small chances or small procs would make for a fun and interactive gameplay.

It seems that the “Hallowed Ground” talent I thought of was literally copy/pasted into the Base Paladin tree, it’s called “Incandescence.”

And then nerfed into the ground.

What you said:

“Consecration has a 25% chance per holy power spent while on Hallowed Ground to erupt with a burst of light, dealing 16% Attack Power Holy damage to all enemies on Hallowed Ground.”

What they heard:

“Consecration has a 5% chance per holy power spent while on Hallowed Ground to erupt with a burst of light, dealing “medium” Attack Power Holy damage to 5 enemies on Hallowed Ground.”

Btw, if you are able to spend a 3 point holy power spender every 3 seconds, that works out to exactly 2 whole procs every 3 full duration consecrations, lol. Livin’ the dream!

1 Like

Yeah this garbage is just sad man.

I’d be so embarrassing if I were the paladin class lead design.

1 Like