Sub Rogue talent ideas for DF

Wasn’t a big fan of the current Sub Rogue talent tree that I saw for Dragonflight. Thought I’d share some that I came up with. I think they’re all original/new, if not whoever had the idea before me is pretty cool and smart and probably really handsome too.

1 Like

This is a solid gold, my friend. You had to spend some time on this for sure.
Altought it’s very possible Blizz will make some changes to the tree before DF launch, I’m affraid devs wouldn’t turn entire tree upside down at this point.
Good ideas tought! Hope some dev will look at it at some point.

1 Like

Thanks!

I have been designing complete talent, ability and profession overhauls intending for suggestions with Classic +, but I lost almost all the data. Was using OneNote and… it’s almost all gone now for some reason. There are some ideas I came up with the other day.

I just don’t see why Blizzard can’t come up with something new and instead just recycle the same stuff over and over lol.

Legion Legendaries turned into BFA Azerite turned into Shadowlands Conduits etc, it’s like come on, think of something new!

Definitely would be a much appreciated talent.

Weaponmaster but for aoe.

Makes the aoe rotation more interesting. Much needed to get away from the shuriken, BP. Also gives us a presence in 2-4 targets.

These were just the talents i found most interesting and thought could realistically be added to the tree.

Cool ideas. I always wanted an ability where you flip the daggers and strike down as a pure murder move. I think for DF, most new animations went into Dracthyr/Evoker. Maybe we’ll get some new stuff in the future.

In the past, beta forums have been pretty good in terms of ideas being listened to, or used to show that players want an idea that’s already on the drafting table.

Movement ability with targeting reticule was suggested in MoP beta. This actually made it into one of the test realms (idr if it was in game for a single patch or not). It was basically the Venthyr move.

Double jump was also recommended, though it wound up going to DH.

A “Death from above” style move would be sick :slight_smile:

Already exists through secret technique.

Nice work here. I really like Caustic Ignition. :wink:

I worry about Rogues coming out of the gate hot and then getting hit hard with the nerf bat early on. Seems to always happen. The number of Sub Rogues pre SL leveling up was just nuts. Then they got hit pretty hard and MM Hunter didn’t (as much)

Also, watching JPC and Max talking about SubLaw sounds super crazy and fun. I’m just praying Blizz can keep the anti-fun bat off Rogues.

Hate to Hijack this thread for my own needs, and while this threads offers interesting ideas, I would love to see Hemorrhage come back as a sub option for using a MH sword/axe.

5 Likes

Same, hemo is dope!

1 Like

For me the most “why it isn’t here” ability - first after “unpruning” thing, and second after new-old talent tree concept. Less beacuse blood dmg synergy (also nice), more beacuse 1h weapons wielding in main hand. I really don’t like taking something I like away from me, in place of giving me a choice.
I would even swallow transmog dagger to 1h weapon at this point, if devs really can’t tuned properly Sub rouge wielding 1h weapon again, after so many years. Non the less it would be nice after bringing it back to Sub, and weave this ability to some spells.

I was skeptical, but this is pretty good! There’s a LOT to unpack here!

This is not only pretty low impact, but it’ll also tie a damage amp to a defensive (classically not the best way to do things).

Reimagining of sub’s old rupture ticks advanced with multistrike, and I’m 100% for it.

This talent is simple enough, but it’s actually insane. It would be a very big jump in sub’s dance capabilities in ST, and in aoe funnel in M+… it would be absolutely bonkers. If it added on to an existing dance duration you could conceivably with enough crit chance have an insanely long dance running. All in all it’s probably a talent that won’t work in reality, but something similar to this would be dope to give sub some funnel identity back after it was stripped in BfA.

How about: Eviscerate increases the shadow damage your target takes by 30% for 5 seconds.

I think tying strong damage to our movement is not a good idea. It’s like the torghast power which increases our finisher damage w/ shadowstep, and this causes a situation where you’re using step as an offensive cd and have nothing to close distance.

All in all this is great! Keep it up.

Hey anything’s better than the silliness that Blizzard seems to be unable to come up with lol. This took me like 10 minutes to come up with, surely blizzard in their 2+ years of development can think of something new eh?

1 Like