Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

A horrible return experience, as I am unable to immerse in the experience of content.

The NPCs after “Escape from the Maw” do not interact their speeches, text & voice.

I am not the only one facing these issues.

Reinstall & Repairs are not it.

Someone did mention it happened after the recent patch.

2 years away & this does not encourage buying the next expansion until resolved.

edit: the story conversations

35 Likes

You watched their lips move … Oh gosh.

Ya I saw the Jailer talking and was like I was watching a voice over.

7 Likes

Many addons skip past dialogue, if that’s what you’re referring to.

Turns out that there is a known issue. Had no idea since I have dialogue volume off. See below: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/shadowlands-npcs-no-dialogue/1315876/13

2 Likes

I had that problem in BFA today.

Cyrus Crestfall in the into quest ‘The Old Knight’ where you are supposed to hear his tale. Lips moving away he’s walking around, no sound.

I even exited out and came back thinking it glitched, and the quest wasn’t working, after waiting it out it showed he finished talking, but I never heard a word of it.

12 Likes

No,
I am currently not using any addons atm. I just got back in.

The NPCs will just stand there for a solid moment then one will say something as if an entire conversation happened such as the quest “Understanding the Shadowlands”. Bolvar, Tal-Irana & the overseers just do nothing then Tal is all like an entire conversation happened with the overseer.

I’m like wtf?

14 Likes

Yup. Normally only the last sentence appear, sometimes only one character speak appear, but normally no speech at all. It is in all stories ( Main story, side stories, Covenant Campaign). I t is ruining the game. Bug appear after last patch in SL and BFA. Until them I am playing normally, now I will not complete my covenants stories until this is fixed. And my Sub play time is been depleted each day.

12 Likes

I second and third this sentiment. This is not a add-on or connection issue. I have tried without add-ons, I have tried to reset my UI. This is a bug. It started on 8/16. It is very unfortunate, especially for people who came back for the SL expansion promotion to not be able to experience the story. I hope blizzard acknowledges this soon. All I can recommend is to submit a ticket for all who are dealing with this issue. It can’t hurt and it takes a few moments of your time. With enough people submitting tickets and posting about this on the forum, someone from blizzard could see this and start to address the issue sooner than later with the tech department.This is my hope anyway.

8 Likes

I don’t know if this was a trick, but I disabled and reenabled the dialogue in sound settings.

I was able to hear the quest and the text appeared…

If it happens again, hopefully this is the trick…

9 Likes

Keep us informed. I hope it works, I do know that not all dialogue and text is messed up all the time, so maybe you just got lucky. I hope you did discover a fix though.

6 Likes

+1 to this. Most of the dialogue in quest NPC banter doesn’t appear, and often one NPC will be responding to a non-existent dialogue. Most notably for me, all of the dialogue starting in Bastion leading up to the Archon and a lot of dialogue in random quests thereafter.

8 Likes

Submit a ticket if you can.

7 Likes

So far the trick worked for me and I am able to enjoy the content.

Got 2/3 epic xpacks so far for fam

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this! We are aware of this issue affecting various quests and we’ll update this thread with updates.

18 Likes

It would be awesome if this was addressed during Tuesday maintenance!

9 Likes

yeah, pretty please with sugar on top <3

4 Likes

Guess not, maybe a middle of the week hot fix ?

3 Likes

This is really ruining the game and for me who play for the story and ambience is a game stop bug.

12 Likes

I agree Kraztor. I literally stopped questing in bastion and started just doing xmog runs and non story stuff. I would like to continue my questing and start my covenant stuff but I won’t as long as this bug exists.

12 Likes

Lots of people are facing this issue (including myself), why is it taking so long to get fixed?

10 Likes

I believe it’s because a lot of devs are working on dragon flight and the other devs are working on ensuring WotLK is working properly. I am sorry many of us are dealing with this issue. In-game tickets and posting forums is our only recourse. I hope it gets fixed soon!

6 Likes