How is possible that this is still an issue?

This was reported back in August, even if Devs are focus on DF…this should be a critical issue for the experience of new / returning players before a new expansion release.

This kind of approach just provides a bad image to the game and the Devs response, it’s like other reported issues/feedback for the overall health of the game that were forgotten or ignored (WoD tmogs, Holiday drops, White/Grey mogs…possible Illusions on artifacts).

It’s like Devs can only work in the seasonal content… I wonder what’s happening with the budget / time management on that team.

EDIT: Example.

How can Blizzard release a new expansion while the whole game is impacted by this kind of bug for months?

Maybe during the next live chat about Quest Design, CC member should talk about that the dialogues should work properly first…

2 Likes

wait a minute, literally.

saw this leveling my paladin. I waited a minute. okay now the npc is doing npc things again lol.

I have some patience from bethesda games. even stock some npc’s will jsut go deer in the headlights interaction wise. so you let that run out.

Some more exotic load orders…yeah…I got a few (hundred) things that could be going on in background lol. I let npc x ponder a bit.

3 Likes

I mentioned other cosmetic changes that were mentioned at some point by Devs, but the story in game is critical for any returning / new player. I can’t imagine someone inviting friends back to the game to find this kind of issue, then you must explain the lore to them or show a video…

2 Likes

What even is this? When does this happen in the story?

Just check the support thread, dialogue doesn’t show for several storylines in Legion, BFA and SL. There’s comments of players recruiting friends upset that this is the first impresion of the game.

2 Likes

No I mean, when does this quest happen?

(We don’t see anything like this Horde-side, I’m just curious. Why is Anduin there?)

1 Like

Quest: Dread Reckoning, it should be like this if the game works properly

1 Like

Now I understand! The video is not the experience referenced in the original quote (after “escape from the maw”).

1 Like

Oh no, the bug is impacting previous expansions and SL…IMO, It should be a critical issue, since this is the RPG element of the game being affected before a new expansion launch, when a lot of players return and bring some new players.

1 Like

Title has me hearing Hearthstone Illidan…

How is it even possible…?

3 Likes

Based on the usual writing quality, it’s probably better that they say nothing.

1 Like

Trust me, the new expansion won’t be much better off.

1 Like

Half of all the dialog in BFA-SL doesn’t work for me and hasn’t in months.

1 Like

Don’t forget, the workaround they gave us, doesn’t actually work. Folks have said over and over and over again, that this workaround doesn’t work.

Their workaround being, turn voice off so only text pops up. Well if the voice lines don’t activate how are the text lines supposed to pop?

1 Like

I hope this get fixed during pre patch, but You’re right there’s so many concerns about this new expansion, I don’t trust Blizzard efforts on WoW due to some issues on the overall health of the game and treatment, It could be a good game for seasonal content but I still don’t see Devs approaching casual in a good way, just like S4 didn’t provide new content for a lot of players.

I saw that the WA was actually provided by other player and the blue just mention it as a temporal solution 22 days ago, at least in my opinion, this kind of bug is breaking the game…It should be treated as a critical incident, It’s like nobody at Blizzard knows ITIL or any other service managment framework.