Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

I don’t know if this was a trick, but I disabled and reenabled the dialogue in sound settings.

I was able to hear the quest and the text appeared…

If it happens again, hopefully this is the trick…

9 Likes

Keep us informed. I hope it works, I do know that not all dialogue and text is messed up all the time, so maybe you just got lucky. I hope you did discover a fix though.

6 Likes

+1 to this. Most of the dialogue in quest NPC banter doesn’t appear, and often one NPC will be responding to a non-existent dialogue. Most notably for me, all of the dialogue starting in Bastion leading up to the Archon and a lot of dialogue in random quests thereafter.

8 Likes

Submit a ticket if you can.

7 Likes

So far the trick worked for me and I am able to enjoy the content.

Got 2/3 epic xpacks so far for fam

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this! We are aware of this issue affecting various quests and we’ll update this thread with updates.

18 Likes

It would be awesome if this was addressed during Tuesday maintenance!

9 Likes

yeah, pretty please with sugar on top <3

4 Likes

Guess not, maybe a middle of the week hot fix ?

3 Likes

This is really ruining the game and for me who play for the story and ambience is a game stop bug.

12 Likes

I agree Kraztor. I literally stopped questing in bastion and started just doing xmog runs and non story stuff. I would like to continue my questing and start my covenant stuff but I won’t as long as this bug exists.

12 Likes

Lots of people are facing this issue (including myself), why is it taking so long to get fixed?

10 Likes

I believe it’s because a lot of devs are working on dragon flight and the other devs are working on ensuring WotLK is working properly. I am sorry many of us are dealing with this issue. In-game tickets and posting forums is our only recourse. I hope it gets fixed soon!

6 Likes

I am experiencing this too. I’m into the lore of this game, just came back after nearly 4 years and there is voice lines and text missing from a lot of very important quest lines across multiple expansions. I first noticed it in the introduction to Oribos, also during some cinematics from BFA, and now I’m even seeing it in Legion content. I just started the Mage class hall scenario in Legion on my mage alt I just made, I went into Violet Hold to kill the dreadlord and save the forge of guardians, Alodi appeared but all his voice lines and text were missing, he was just silent. Please fix this ASAP Blizzard.

7 Likes

The customer support kept trying their hardest to gaslight me into thinking it was a problem with my install. Reinstalled the game 4 times and wiped interface 4 times. Problem still there, noticing it in ALOT of questlines now. Probably 25-30% of questlines have dialogue missing or overlapping. I’m tempted to request a refund on the heroic dragonflight/shadowlands bundle I just spent $150 on.

8 Likes

Tried this and it did not work. Even the customer support is trying to use what you wrote as a suggestion now. It does not work.

EDIT: 03/09/22 It’s still happening, no fix yet, I’m noticing it in so many places now. It seems to be happening in the most important parts of quests too which makes it very frustrating. Blizzard can we please get some word of progress on this issue as we feel abandoned right now, we are the only players who actually care about your lore and characters, that’s why we are the only ones who have noticed, please show us some respect and give us an update.

7 Likes

I’m also having this issue. I didn’t face it through leveling (Legion) but as soon as Darion and Jaina started talking in quests at the beginning of Shadowlands I noticed something weird was happening. It’s continued into Oribos and I genuinely have no idea what’s going on in my quests. I’m going to play classic until it’s resolved because I only wanted to play through the story in preparation for the coming expansion and this is just not a fun experience, sitting for a few minutes while a conversation I’m missing is taking place and then being asked to help with…whatever they just discussed right in front of me (which I cannot hear or see in chat).

8 Likes

Copy-pasting from the thread in the bug report forum:

Might as well throw in my own little list from today. Probably superfluous, since it sounds like this is a systemic problem more than a single bugged quest, but I figure detail can’t hurt.

Finding Margrave Krexus in Among the Chosen was silent until Baron Vyraz’s “This mortal claims…” line.

No NPCs spoke for about 30 seconds after handing in The Maw to Bolvar Fordragon.

Darion Mograine was silent until his first reply to Ve’nari in The Brand Holds the Key.

Ve’nari’s line when starting Wake of Ashes was delayed such that they spoke over the Mograines’ dialogue.

Draka did not respond to Alexandros regarding Margrave Krexus after handing in Maw Walker
7 Likes

I have the same problem

Several dialogs from the Chains of Domination campaign are missing. You don’t even see the text appear. There’s just a long pause and then one of the NPCs responds but we don’t know the context because half of the dialogue is missing. It really ruins the immersion.

Please fix it !

8 Likes

Same here. Ressubed after over 6 years not playing to catch up on lore. The experience was pretty bad to begin with, with the linearity being all over the place, and now this. Can’t quest cause i cant see or hear what most npcs are saying. Glad i only paid for a month…

10 Likes