RDF wasn't "at the end of Wrath"

It came out in the middle of Wrath, almost EXACTLY in the middle and lead to the peak of subscribers in WoW almost exactly a year later. People left because of Cataclysm and you can fact check what I’m saying.

16 Likes

Demonstrate your claim via a graph please.

The facts say that subscribers started to dwindle after LFD was released. Not that this discussion really matters anyway, because it has ZERO bearing on LFD in Wrath.

2 Likes

Everything that happened after LFD happened. What’s your point? After LFD subscriptions climbed for almost a year to over 12 million and didn’t begin dwindling until Cataclysm. Literally look it up right now I’ll wait.

Please demonstrate this claim with a graph for the class.

1 Like

Nah, people came back for LFD and ICC. Good try though. The dwindling happened for cata.

7 Likes

People seem to forget that as these convenience systems were added, the sub numbers deadlined, growth stopped, and then plummeted.

1 Like

Uh, no they didn’t.

Subs held steady til into cata.

2 Likes

Growth stopped during Wrath, probably because Wrath was not allowed to release in china til MUCH later.

1 Like

And then a vast amount of the player base blamed R/DF and other QoL changes for the decline. We’ve heard it for years and so has Blizzard.

Vast amount blamed hard cata heroics actually

It held at 12 mil until just into cata.

12 Likes

Growth stopped at the highest sub count ever, in the last quarter of Wrath. So basically LFD brought people back, they did the content then hung around until Cataclysm which then crashed the game.

Cross server LFD damaged communities but it wasn’t a poison pill. It took years to have that effect, and the issue was cross server not things like teleporting or matchmaking.

Single Server LFD would be the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

That might be the actual reason, but that’s not what most Classic players think.

Single server LFD doesn’t solve the major issue that blizz always refuses to do anything about, low pop realms. All they do is offer free transfers but they’ve got a lot of issues with those even.

Hit em with that graph!!!

Like. Make another thread with just this. lol. #winning

1 Like

Neither does ditching the feature. It actually makes the issue worse /facepalm Blizzard needs to connect realms regardless of whether they have no LFD or server specific LFD. It’s an irrelevant point because neither option fixes it.

It’s impressive how some people can’t distinguish opinion from fact.

Some people just don’t have enough faith in their opinion and arguments to simply state them with conviction. They need to make up meaningless numbers and reasons of why this happened or that happened to try and validate their stance. I tend to tune out people who do that, since their argument must be incredibly weak to resort to such measures.

No, you’re being utterly misleading.

The final major content patch for WoW was ICC, when RDF was added, and that content patch went for an entire year, and is officially recorded as the third longest content drought in the history of the game.

That means it was only actually available for 25% of the games relevant tier raids.

You can’t count an entire year of literal no content as meaningful expansion duration, that’s just padding (and literally everyone hated this period).

1 Like

I’m sure they wouldn’t have complained about ICC duration if they knew the Cata drought was around the corner lol. At least ICC was well liked raid to have for that long. DS being the last raid is what ruins Cata for most people.

1 Like

I am against removing RDF, but I believe this issue has blown up much larger than it should have. It is true RDF was not available at launch.

What I am worried about is how reductive the classic devs are. I was excited that there was a classic team, but now I believe they’re hawkishly removing convenience features that aren’t “classic-feeling”.

I was hoping for a classic+ but we’re getting the classic-. It really is a shame.

1 Like