Not thrilled with the so called dungeon finder

They definitely didn’t add cross-realm bgs way back in 1.12 and bgs went from familiar faces on your server to fighting random strangers.

What a clown. By the way, I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he didn’t admit he was wrong about subs. :wink:

2 Likes

Heck what about hearthstones and flight paths that let me easily travel long distances without having to deal with the community? Or what about boats, think about how much better the community would be if you had to engage with a mage or warlock to get across continents? Or what about instances in general, how dare they give small groups their own personal zone where they can escape the community, just think how much better things would be if stockades or RFC were just part of the city?

3 Likes

The examples are endless. Like I said…Vanilla WoW was the convenience mmo.

And I’m ready for him to move the goalposts again from my example. Something about pvp and pve are different. Pvp is a mini-game. Whatever nonsense he comes up with.

So when he talks about RDF being the first time convenience superseded community, what he actually means it’s the first time an automated dungeon finder that could be used to form groups and let players queue for random dungeons and teleport players to said dungeons was implemented into WoW.

Because that’s such a broad spectrum of criteria. :smirk:

2 Likes

Stop it.

Subs never dropped once in a year long content draught after RDF was added.

They did drop once Cataclysm was added.

I know you’re just gonna call this “the honeymoon period” cause the actual factual numbers simply don’t fit into your narrative, but it’s stupid and you should feel bad for using it as an argument.

2 Likes

Battlegrounds and arenas would like a word with you.

Flying would like a word with you.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Again you’re digging for ages to find non-contradictory statements.

Just because the game was built for convenience (and it truly was at the time) doesn’t prevent further conveniences being added later.

You’re flailing mr. stalker.

2 Likes

Just because you’re incapable of properly utilizing forum features doesn’t mean we all are. I’m not some slow 40 something year old.

1 Like

“me google gud”

“me not respond to actual criticism of the stupid statements me found not being contradictory”

“me stalk someone else now”

1 Like

You’re not worth responding to any other way. :wave:

Q.e.d.

Some google fu is probably required for you here.

Oh these edits are CHEF’S KISS

The utter flailing going on right now.

It’s a sight to behold :smiley:

1 Like

:troll:

Nice lies.

Coward lmao.

Pvp was considered a minigame at the time as participation was so low cross realm was required for it to even renotely function on any realm. That isnt true for dungeons.

Flying didnt renove community. It did hurt world pvp, but again, pvp was considered a mini game at the time.

But hey understanding history and you trying to rewrite it to fit your sgenda are two very different things.

Lmao this is simply untrue. Pvp was incredible popular which is why they even added BGs in the first place.

Even back in the day we had one-sided servers which made queues fairly unbearable for the dominant side, thus, cross realm.

The worst part is that you think this is actually true.

1 Like

Game design wise it was a mini game.

Blizzard disnt really focus much, if any resources on pvp balance when compared to pve balance. It wasnt until they separate pvp and pve balance in abilities (outside if just CC) that it started getting treated as something more than a mini game. And that happened well after wotlk.

It didnt though. It had a negative effect on pvp, but it didnt hurt community. I had plenty of aerial combat fights due to flying, plenty of drop out of sky and kill (or be the one killed) due to flying and not having the same amount of time to react. It changed world pvp, it was the players that minmaxed it to harm world pvp. And again, pvp was considered a minigame at the time.

That is all they have.

I get why some people want rdf, but the fact they endlessly lie about it is what erks me. “It has no downsides” “you dont have to use it so it wont effect you” exc. I have even suggested a reasonable compromise where they get their cross realm grouping but those who dont want to use it wont feel forced into using it because there would be no bonus rewards that would make it more efficient. Yet they cant seem to get past their own greed/entitlement/laziness/pride (or whichever it is per individual) to even consider a compromise.

The best part is they will blame all the sub loss that wotlkc gas seen on not having rdf, but refuse to eveb accept that part of why wow started to see sub losses (and not the only reason) was rdf being added origionally.

Their feelings get in the way of them having any logical thought.

1 Like

If pvp was a mini game you’ve just utterly and completely debunked your own “the world feels alive” argument.

I’m gonna be nice and let you decide which one you’re going with, but you can’t go with both.

It did AND it destroyed world pvp.

Do you think world pvp wasn’t part of a community or what? Do you seriously think we weren’t sitting on IRC trashtalking the other faction during the original?

Dude was editing his post, was playing Civ6 and watching his post change in real time.

Speaking of lies, absolutely no one has said RDF has no downsides.

The upsides do, by far and in ridiculous amounts, outweigh those downsides tho.

And classic is wholeheartedly proof of this.

2 Likes

One of your fellow pro rdf has said it quite a few times.

(Its the post right under that one if you take the link, its refusing to link the post i want)

“Exactly all the evidence shows RDF has no downsides and is a huge improvement for pugging dungeons.”

Another example of someone claiming it here.

1 Like