RDF wasn't "at the end of Wrath"

Didnt that one guy ask where the line should be drawn for dual spec? I recall something about like “should it be allowed in the middle of arena match?” which makes me think they dont even know what dual spec is. Like, of course not in the middle of an arena match. Did you devs even play the game or what? lol

2 Likes

And Cata came out after LFD.

So therefore, as I’ve been saying this entire time, the game started to decline subwise after LFD came out.

Does that clear things up for you?

You mean the sub increase that occurred literally in the buildup to Cata where everyone came back to prep for the new expansion and check out the re-done old world zones?

LFD didn’t impact WotLK numbers one way or the other, up until that pre-Cata buildup subs stayed relatively flat lined throughout the entire expansion.

1 Like

second to last content patch seems like the end of wotlk to me.

1 Like

I mean… you’re right.

But lets not pretend it had really as much to do with LFD as people like to pretend. Cata’s start was just messy.

People didn’t like the new zones, people didn’t like how hard heroics were, people didn’t like the healer nerfs.

And I knew quite a few people who quit because they “beat the game” when they killed lich king.

1 Like

I’ve heard more complaints about LFD over WoW’s lifetime then I’ve heard about any of that stuff.

The heroics weren’t inherently hard, they were hard because of LFD. Something you have conveniently left out.

Yes. In cata. You’re right. Cata =/= wrath. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Yes, in cata, in an post LFD game. Up until LFD, the game only saw growth though.

They weren’t hard because of LFD, they were hard for pugs, would have been the same had you got a group together via the LFG tool.

And blaming LFD for anything but a small amount of decline is just silly when there is so many other reasons.

Guys quit feeding the troll. Look at his post history… Hes just trying to get you guys upset and trigged so you say something to catch a forum vacation.

2 Likes

See Oni’s super cool graph to be proven wrong. Thanks for coming to our TED talk, though.

1 Like

Not this again. We already showed you a graph that disproves what you’re saying. It grew after LFD, it started to decline after the first patch of Cata. You’re just trolling again.

3 Likes

Mostly ICC, no one gave a crap about LFD until it was not in the game anymore.

2 Likes

I mean there was nearly no growth overall in wrath. It peaks at 11.5-12 million subs and kinda floats there for a year and a half till cata then there is a big decline.

Isnt it funny how 90% of the anti-lfd people are all just the forum trolls? Blizz mustve talked to only them… or maybe THEY ARE THEM. #conspiracy

2 Likes

They game plateaued from december 2008 to december 2009, guess what came out in december 2009? 3.3 with ICC and the dungeonfinder.

I’m not going to attribute that to LFD though, it was like because of ICC.

Just like you can’t pin the decline on LFD.

I personally don’t give a crap either way about LFD, but your argument works both ways.

When it was released LFD was a big deal on the servers I played on, people loved it.

2 Likes

The slight uptick of subs in the middle of Wrath definitely had nothing to do with three new dungeons, or the ICC raid. It was definitely because of lfd. :man_facepalming:

People really are obsessed over arguing minutia that has no relevance to Wrath Classic. Make a case for lfd, but these meaningless made up numbers, and biased polls, and opinions of why WoW died serve no purpose other than distract from the actual matter.

1 Like

I know plenty of people that came back for lfd to level alts cause doing the same 349078340897346890 quests sucks hard.

Just like i know plenty of people who played classic and tbc classic waiting for wrath + lfd again and now theyre gonna leave lol