Queuing for gamma dungeons as a low geared tank

He was one of the two big anti-rdf trolls who said he’d use the tool (if it was ever added) to troll people, which he’s now doing and boasting about. He’s everything wrong with the Classic playerbase.

But hey…trolls are gonna troll. The truly disappointing part is Blizzard changing RDF to give these toxic gatekeepers this kind of power. The original system was so chilled and relaxed.

1 Like

I did this on my 2nd tank (DK) and slowly replaced pvp items with pve, it wasn’t ideal but it did work

1 Like

run regular heroics for triumph until you have t9 then boom you’re geared enough for gammas. simple

Yeah just trudge through 100 bosses for 2 outdated pieces, simple.

3 Likes

yeah the heroics are just too easy even at my gearscore

Change the name and make it shorter because obviously being kicked (even people who ask to be kicked) doesn’t need as large a penalty as leaving on your own.

Why doesn’t it need as large of a penalty?

You’re not going to hold off aggro from dps with 5.8+ gs levels. Their DPS will generate more threat than you can put out during mob fights. You’ll most likely be fine on a boss fight, but mobs is another story. Gamma dungeons have become fast paced due to gear progression and people want to just roll and go fast. At your gear level you’re probably not going to be able to make the “go go go” mind set of other players and definitely won’t be able to keep ALL mob aggro as you pull multiple mobs.

Well let’s say you are a tank and healer and you want to bail. You can leave instantly, even sometimes leading the group to a wipe.

Or you can try to coax them into kicking you, but they can call your bluff and make you waste your time too, etc.

Or maybe the whole group decides it’s not going to work and kick each other so at least some of them get a lesser debuff.

The point is leaving on your own is obviously the easier way out, needs the largest debuff to discourage it from being abused. Getting kicked ‘on purpose’ requires to negotiate some agreement, thus taking more time at the outset.

Yes. Yes it is and they have no reason to be that way because most of the people I see fail simple stuff is from Bene.

You can’t be kicked immediately upon entering dungeons anymore. Unless you waited for several minutes before starting, doubt.

It was Culling of Stratholme and I made it to the 1st crate to dispel for the quest and was kicked right then. I don’t think it was more than 30 seconds.

There’s still a 15 minute dungeon cooldown (not the same as deserter debuff). There’s no point in trying to hold a group hostage. You can’t requeue even if they kick you. So people saying players did this…are lying. Also because you couldn’t even initiate a kick until 15 minutes into the dungeon.

The point being in original Wrath people just…did the dungeon. That was the most efficient thing to do. And if some tryhard min/max elitist toxic gatekeepers did kick you…you didn’t get the deserter debuff and could requeue. Though there was still the dungeon cooldown, but since you couldn’t get kicked for 15 minutes it didn’t matter.

Fast forward to Wrath Classic and these trolls can boot you immediately for no reason and now you have to twiddle your thumbs for a half hour. It’s a horrible change.

3 Likes

So you didnt even make it to the starting area? Thats probably why you were kicked.

1 Like

This has been fixed. I know because the game won’t let us kick people who dc as soon as the dungeon starts and don’t return.

I agree with you there, my point was just that even if you think people will try to get groups hostage, the penalty to prevent this doesn’t need to be 30 min. Maybe the existing dungeon cool down is enough, maybe 15 min from the kick, who knows since they haven’t tried it.

Well since I quit Wrath Classic because of Blizzard fumbling the expansion, I can’t say if this has been ‘fixed’. But there is a protection from getting kicked if you DC. It lasted a few minutes I believe.

You with 3.7k GS is gonna leave me sitting on my hands for 95% of the dungeon and while I personally wouldn’t kick anyone I can see why they wanted/got you kicked. You should just queue as a DPS and pick up gear for your tank set.

work your way up, just start at normal heroics.

yeah the other was this guy

lol

yep

3 Likes