To all of the Retail PTSD people worrying about Wrath launch with QOL:

Links to post from blizz saying so?

Links to saying it won’t??

Of course we didn’t get the extra gear it’s stronger than the gear that would be out doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out but we got the systems

It’s going to be out on release it’s 100% healthy for the game

This is such nonsense lol. One guy said it on reddit once and you guys been repeating it like you’re all IP experts ever since.

1 Like

…but why?

But I need it now! :sob:

Because I’m patient and can wait.

I want a batmobile mount,

1 Like

Was the first RaF a rocket? I got the Zhevra, but I don’t remember a rocket.

I disagree entirely, it was built to make mad $$$$$$$$$$ and nothing but $$$$$$$, these fools don’t care about their IP, if they did they would do something with it.

it’s both, Blizzard saw how popular private servers were and felt that they pulled players away from retail and would regularly have them shut down thinking players would sub back to retail, having no where else to play wow, but more servers just popped up so they brought classic back and as you said subs went up.

but isn’t that more about $$$$ than protecting an IP? If they actually gave a crap about their IP they would make Retail better than Classic but its not even close.

To me that just show they’re greedy, not well intended to protect their investment.

The rocket was the second, and came in 3.3 - prior to that it was the Zhevra.

Most of what people ask for was already put in by wrath, such as dual spec, connecting realms, account services. Nothing unreasonable about that. In fact I’d argue they are important for the longevity of classic/crusade. Blizzard refuses to do hardly any of it though… so classic/crusade will be abandoned soon after wrath is rehosted.

“Connected realms? Are you referring to the cross-realm dungeon finder?”
-Yes.

"Do you have a link showing that connected realms were a thing in Wrath? "
-https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeon_Finder

I’m not sure you understand either.

Connected realms? Are you referring to the cross-realm dungeon finder? Because that’s all that Wrath added in that regard. And there were cross-realm bgs since Vanilla.

I think both those additions were terrible, btw. The last time I really cared about pvp was before patch 1.12 after which point pvp just became about killing and fighting alongside strangers. And the dungeon finder in Wrath destroyed the pve community that LFR finished off in the next expansion. But sadly it’ll be in Wrath since they just use the last patch and every system that existed at the end of the expansion. But out in the open world at least it’s just you and your fellow server players.

It was the double seated Rocket mount but it was stopped as a reward later, if you got it before it was removed as a reward you got to keep it.

I have it on retail as RAF was heavily abused back then, much much worse than this 1 time boost people cry over.

1 Like

I loved mine. Being able to give rocket rides was awesome. Don’t have flight? Hop on! Want to go get FPs with your little alt? Lets go! Get to say “give rocket rides”? BONUS!

Do you have a link showing that connected realms were a thing in Wrath? I don’t remember that at all. The earliest memory I have of cross-realm stuff is in Cataclysm. Unless you mean during prepatch.

Edit: Actually, now that I really think of it, I don’t think I remember “connected realms” being a thing any earlier than MoP. Unless, by “connected realms”, you mean that there’s cross-realm content like dungeons and battlegrounds.

I think they go with the last patch for the general balance and stability of the game overall, not necessarily that everything available in the last patch will be packaged with the base game on day 1 today. Look at guild banks for example. They rolled it out early for Classic, but they certainly released the feature after TBC Classic launched quite intentionally so that there was at least some parity with the original experience.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.