Great Vault Expectations -- First Two Weeks of July

We’ve seen some questions from players who’d like to know specifics about how endgame loot and the Great Vault will operate over the next two weekly resets, so we’ve prepared the following outline.

Next Week
Following the next weekly reset on July 6 in this region, the Great Vault will offer rewards exactly as it has in previous weeks. Between now and then, defeating raid bosses in Castle Nathria, completing Season 1 Mythic Keystone Dungeons, and earning Honor in rated PvP will generate those rewards. Season 2 will begin on July 6, but the Great Vault looks back at previous efforts to determine the item levels of rewards.

With the July 6 weekly reset marking the start of Season 2, all Mythic+ Rating will be reset to 0, and all Mythic+ Keystones will be lowered by an additional 3 levels to account for the overall increase in dungeon difficulty.

Mythic+ players who wish to receive the best rewards from the Great Vault for their initial Season 2 efforts will want to complete Mythic+ Dungeons at +15 or higher difficulty the week of July 6-12.

Mythic+ end-of-run drops will cap at Mythic+10 throughout the week of July 6-12, and Season 2 Rated PvP gear upgrades are initially capped at Rival (base item level 239) until Mythic Difficulty Sanctum of Domination is available.

The Second Week of July
After Season 2 has been underway for a week, the Great Vault will offer upgraded rewards following the weekly reset on July 13 in this region. This includes rewards earned in the Sanctum of Domination raid, Unchained Gladiator’s PvP gear, and higher item level Mythic+ rewards.

As a reminder, you’re only eligible for Great Vault raid loot from bosses that you have previously defeated on the difficulty you’re looking for. For example, you must defeat Heroic Kel’thuzad before his loot will show up as a Heroic quality selection in the Great Vault.

Mythic+ Gearing in Season 2
We’ve made a few small adjustments to the item-level curve for Season 2 Mythic+ rewards, to make Mythic+ gear progression more comparable to early raiding rewards at some levels of difficulty. Here are the item levels of gear drops and rewards:

Difficulty Season 1 End-of-Run Season 1 Missed Timer Season 1 Great Vault Season 2 End-of-Run Season 2 Missed Timer Season 2 Great Vault
Mythic+2 ilvl 187 ilvl 184 ilvl 200 ilvl 210 ilvl 210 ilvl 226
Mythic+3 ilvl 190 ilvl 187 ilvl 203 ilvl 213 ilvl 210 ilvl 226
Mythic+4 ilvl 194 ilvl 190 ilvl 207 ilvl 216 ilvl 213 ilvl 226
Mythic+5 ilvl 194 ilvl 190 ilvl 210 ilvl 220 ilvl 216 ilvl 229
Mythic+6 ilvl 197 ilvl 194 ilvl 210 ilvl 223 ilvl 220 ilvl 229
Mythic+7 ilvl 200 ilvl 197 ilvl 213 ilvl 223 ilvl 220 ilvl 233
Mythic+8 ilvl 200 ilvl 197 ilvl 216 ilvl 226 ilvl 223 ilvl 236
Mythic+9 ilvl 200 ilvl 197 ilvl 216 ilvl 226 ilvl 223 ilvl 236
Mythic+10 ilvl 203 ilvl 200 ilvl 220 ilvl 229 ilvl 226 ilvl 239
Mythic+11 ilvl 203 ilvl 200 ilvl 220 ilvl 229 ilvl 226 ilvl 242
Mythic+12 ilvl 207 ilvl 203 ilvl 223 ilvl 233 ilvl 229 ilvl 246
Mythic+13 ilvl 207 ilvl 203 ilvl 223 ilvl 233 ilvl 229 ilvl 246
Mythic+14 ilvl 207 ilvl 203 ilvl 226 ilvl 236 ilvl 233 ilvl 249
Mythic+15 ilvl 210 ilvl 207 ilvl 226 ilvl 236 ilvl 233 ilvl 252

The most notable adjustment is that now, a Mythic+15 or higher is required to get the maximum item level from the Great Vault, while Mythic+14 or higher provides the highest end-of-run item level.

Thanks for reading. We’ll see you 'round the Vault!

18 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

Alright, thanks for clearing things up!

1 Like

I’m pretty confused as to WHY the M+ dungeons are being capped at +10 in terms of end-run loot?

How exactly does the normal player benefit from that?

5 Likes

What keys will we be getting from the vault. Like if I run a +15 this week, I can’t imagine it will be a +15 in my vault.

2 Likes

In the post they clarify that keys will drop 3 levels, do a 15 you get a 12 (I think…their wording is bad).

2 Likes

This wording is confusing, it says “lowered by an additional 3 levels” - is there something else reducing key levels? Please clarify.

2 Likes

A “Normal” player can’t even do 10’s week one so why would that matter?

1 Like

By “an additional 3 levels” does this mean -1 level as happens normally, and then an additional -3 for a total of -4 levels? Or is it -3 total levels?

The scaling according to the post is about 3 levels. So a 12=15, most people can handle doing a 15 haha

Unless you actively don’t participate in M+ in which case, again, how does capping benefit anyone.

They don’t. It’s so that Limit Max and his friends don’t destroy themselves grinding Mythic+15s for 236 gear the first week. 229 gear is just barely an upgrade over 226 and doesn’t upgrade 233 at all so there’s less incentive for “sweaty” players to kill themselves the first week outside of filling the Vault.

That’s my thought as well, and I don’t like that they are making design / timegate systems around the RWF.

People want to play content, play alts, do their thing - this cap and timegate is just adding to the pile of sad decisions.

Yes. Keystones are reduced by 1 level for players who fail to beat the timer at their max Keystone level in any Mythic Keystone dungeon the previous week.

It’s only one week so it isn’t the end of the world. It’s kind of dumb but it is what it is I suppose.

So it will either be lowered by 3 (if timed) or 4 (if not timed) correct?

I would edit that to clarify the key could be lowered by up to 4 levels (if not timed).

1 Like

For loot trading from dungeons and riad in regards to pvp items, does it go of the pvp ilvl or pve ilvl?

So even if I earn the best gear from the vault a lower item level gear with a domination socket will win…. Sighhhhhhhhh

Last season you only needed to kill Generals and Denathrius to add them to the raid great vault pool.

This season, does this only apply to KT and Sylvanas? Or do you need to kill all of the bosses to add their respective loot pools to the vault?

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying a community issue and doing so in a straightforward and honest manner.

Please do this more.

4 Likes