Kill Heroic Raz once for vault every week?

Just have to kill her once for the bow to appear on the vault every week?

I got the bow from the vault before I killed Raz on any difficulty.

Based on Wowhead and the Hunter discord, you don’t need to kill Raz for the bow to appear in the raid section of your vault.

However, the chance for the bow to appear is lower if you have not killed Raz on that tier. So for example, if you haven’t killed H Raz then your chances at getting an H Bow from the vault will be lower than if you had killed her.

You also won’t see a N Raz bow from Heroic vault windows. If you do 6 or 7/8H each week (which I had been doing like a fool), then you’re limited to the lower-chance H Bow instead of a regular chance N Bow, assuming you’re 8/8N.

That explains my massive loot drop draught. I used up all my luck getting the bow and since then its been zip zero nada. My one good roll was like a 80-something and I got beat by several 90-somethings.

This is such a bad, bad design. It actually encourages us to not progress with our raid group.

No you didn’t. I don’t know why you people lie when this stuff is well tracked and easily disproven in a couple of seconds.

You killed Raz on normal on Jan 15th a cording to your achievements.
On Jan 15th you did a SBG without the bow.
On Jan 17th, the day before your weekly reset, you killed Eranog normal also without the bow.
On Jan 18th, EU reset day, you ran a SBG with the bow.

You got the bow from the vault the reset after you killed Raz.

Can you guys please stop claiming it’s dropping from the weekly vault without having killed it yet without actually providing proof? No? Okay, I’ll guess I’ll just keep debunking the liars.

5 Likes

I’ll admit that I was wrong. I think what I said was an honest mistake since I said it without any intent to mislead. I’m a busy guy and my weeks merge together and I clearly got the order of things mixed up.

You on the other hand… I am glad that I don’t personally know you. I am glad that I’ve probably never played with you. The way you have reacted says a lot of things about your character and none of them are good.

1 Like

I don’t know what the rules are, because Blizzard hates transparency and would rather we not have information to help guide us down the right path.

That being said, I screenshot all of my vaults. So far this season, I only have one week with an item from a boss that I had not killed on that difficulty. Whispering Incarnate Icon trinket was in a Heroic slot the week before we killed Primal Council on Heroic. However, I had killed Primal Council on Normal. I could share the screenshot somewhere, but there is no date in the screenshot to show the week.

Beyond that, there seems to be multiple “theories” about how the Great Vault works.

• Any item in the raid can drop in any vault slot.
  • Items will only appear in the vault after killing that boss on any difficulty. **
  • Items will only appear in the vault after killing that boss on that specific difficulty.
  • Any item in the raid can drop in any vault slot, but the chances are greatly reduced for bosses you haven’t killed.

** This seems to be the most widely reported theory by different online magazines and web sites. Also seems to be supported by the plethora of anecdotes on Reddit, Wowhead, MMO-Champion, and other forums - though anecdotes are unreliable at best.

Edit/Addition:
I just opened the vault on my DK alt. My DK has cleared everything on LFR and the first two bosses on Normal. First slot in the vault was a normal Acid-Proof Webbing, which drops from Sennarth. This either supports the above theory OR alts can get loot from bosses you killed on other characters.

I am hoping to see a non-tier drop from H Ras in my vault before we kill Ras. This week was nada from Ras or Brood, only two haven’t killed heroic.

Figure if I see a drop from H Ras before I have killed it, then rule would be 4th item on Cog’s list.

Which would also mean Bow could drop w/o a kill of H Ras because be alot of work to put in a clause just to prevent bow from dropping w/o a kill versus every other item on Ras loot table.

Despite the fact that I am positive I’ve had Heroic items in my GV before killing that boss on Heroic, I went back through nearly two years of Blue posts to find this…

2 Likes

Well there you have it. Iv never seen this before but always assumed it’s how mythic worked. Thanks for finding it.