Great Vault Expectations -- First Two Weeks of July

So go play another mmo’s new season that isn’t timegated till the 12th, ok. As it is im only logging in to do 3 dailies… 9.1 is off to roaring start… >_< ffs.
Stop trying to fix things that were never broken to begin with! every xpac since wrath you have made up a problem to fix and it hasnt worked out.

Instead of this, don’t add systems like dungeon finder/cross server that caused you to need m+ to begin with because you found out in the first month of cata that random groups don’t work well together so you had to make heroic trivial? Im waiting for you to try and fix your own problem again and we get m++ which will do nothing but make another system that you’ll have to balance on top of the mess we already have.

Since were way past ever fixing the main cause of the problems, dont scale gear up so high, its ok for mythic raid to be hard and not become trivial because of gear you’re gonna nerf it later anyway.

This should be in game in the mythic+ panel.

7 Likes

agree, they need to put the rewards breakdown of these convoluted systems in game instead of requiring peeps to find it outside the game

4 Likes

You benefit by logging out and playing a game that doesn’t limit your fun in random arbitrary ways at every turn. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will the Great Vault loot that we can pick up on July 13th also be limited to +10 rewards (ilvl 239) or if we complete a +15 during the first week, will our great vault go all the way up to +15 (ilvl 252)

Mythic+ players who wish to receive the best rewards from the Great Vault for their initial Season 2 efforts will want to complete Mythic+ Dungeons at +15 or higher difficulty the week of July 6-12.

Mythic+ end-of-run drops will cap at Mythic+10 throughout the week of July 6-12, and Season 2 Rated PvP gear upgrades are initially capped at Rival (base item level 239) until Mythic Difficulty Sanctum of Domination is available.

Looks like you will want to do +15 to get GV best reward. Only end of dungeon reward will be capped at +10 to prevent world first guilds from spamming and artificially boosting their ilvl for Mythic raids the following week.

In BFA you would receive more itens with 465 ilvl while the chest was 475, now you will gain 236 and vault is 252.

I really don’t understand why devs don’t like m+, even the dgs from TBC are more important than m+ nowadays, you just keep nerfing us and after the hype of the RWF, the only e-sport is MDI and AWC.

It’s so painful to gear by only doing dgs, last season you had to raid or pvp, now you MUST raid, otherwise, you will be really undergear.

You weekly chest is your highest timed key or one lower than your highest missed timer key. So if you timed an 18, normally an 18 out of vault, it would be a 15 next week, if you missed timer on an 18 it would normally be a 17, but it would a 14.

1 Like

I feel like that’s how it should be - I mean, most people even with best heroic gear will still have a tough time in mythic. The restriction seems to be just for improving the QOL for RWF which isn’t great for the game.

Just gonna leave this for you right here:

This is exactly what they do nearly EVERY single patch day. People, including you, need to stop reacting as if this is something new if you don’t remember/are uninformed how a normal patch schedule goes in terms of mythic+ rewards, weekly boxes, timing, and scaling.

Its been this way all of bfa…patch releases, 1 week of season continues, second week you have increased rewards up to a 10 key (still a huge jump in gear) where most raiders will complete an 18 key so they all start with 15 keys the following week where it matters…WEEK 3: mythic release, m+ gear available up to +15 ilvl, and you get your first vault piece of the season/new key. This is the week that all raiders grind the hell out of keys on patch day to have some upgrades before walking into raid that night. They did that 18 key the prior week to log on immediately, jump into a 15 key, and maximize their loot prior to raid.

Sure you might say this is for the RWF but if any guild walked into, for example, SOD with full 236 gear, being able to trade anything they got in normal that dropped in terms of trinkets/Domination sockets (or more importantly if it was a normal raid tier with actual tier sets and trade tier sets to most optimal players) there would be a big difference in progression, and that’s not how they want things to work, and more importantly, THATS NOT HOW IT HAS WORKED FOR AS LONG AS MOST CAN REMEMBER. So relax and look up what’s the norm, if you don’t like it that is fine but this is 100% expected. =)

4 Likes

They would probably have more fun because they could trade for pieces they actually need.

I’m not saying it’s new, never did, not sure where you got the idea. I want to know why there is an arbitrary time gate. People say it is infinitely spammable / would invalidate raid gear - so what?

The gate should be in difficulty, or something a bit better designed vs an arbitrary week lockout on the loot you should be earning.

Most people even with BiS gear in the game wouldn’t be able to clear mythic so exactly who is this designed for lol.

Wow… lowering the gear ilvl for “missed runs” will sure make players happy with each other and will defiantly lead to players getting kicked from M+ teams after they make a mistake.

Nice job at creating even more animosity within the game. I know you guys work really hard at finding ways for players to hate each other. I’m betting you’ll meet this year-end goal.

I am so tired and exhausted with these constant loot system changes. Every expansion. Hell…every season it’s a a duck tape attempt to make players believe that loot is the issue when clearly it’s the classes themselves. I’ve been playing GuildWars for the last couple of months. Came back to see 9.1 and it all comes flooding back to me. You pay a subscription for this game only to be gated and strung along and forced into Rated BGs/Mythic runs and suppose to not question the very thing that Shadowlands’ theme proposes about Arbitors deciding the fate of your soul lmao It’s sad how pretty the face can be but how empty the system is. Great Fault Expectations.

1 Like

u add apart for grape valt if u do worldquest

So it’s Monday and I’m feeling kinda lazy, don’t really feel like running multiple keys across multiple characters. I think I’m just gonna chill and start fresh tomorrow.

My question is: if I don’t do any keys this week (6/29-7/5), but timed a +15 the week before (6/22-6/28), can I still talk to Ta’hsup in Oribos and get a keystone on 7/6 even without unlocking a Great Vault reward?

Hey something I don’t believe you have addressed:

Will items earned from M+ pre-9.1 still be eligible for upgrades in any form? As in, either to the new ilvl tiers or to the tiers for 9.0?

I would hope that items already earned can be either upgraded through the tiers in 9.1, or they are completely locked as of patch tomorrow so that people aren’t wasting valor out of confusion.

The whole point of week 1 is giving everyone a chance to catch up. So I suppose this encourages enormous quantities of +10 runs to gear all involved to 229

Where is the list for the Casual player’s path to obtaining top gear without doing M+ or Rated PvP content.

1 Like

Probabaly because they haven’t finished tuning the raid or the dungeons and they don’t want thr sample size for this mass beta test to be corrupted with overpowered gear.

1 Like
  1. “They would probably have more fun because they could trade for pieces they actually need”

-Blizz removed master loot and legit doesn’t want people to be able to trade gear until the gear isn’t much relevant towards progression, it goes against what they want/how they want you to play the game. And im not disagreeing with you. Like I would want ML back but just saying why.

“I’m not saying it’s new, never did, not sure where you got the idea. I want to know why there is an arbitrary time gate. People say it is infinitely spammable / would invalidate raid gear - so what?”

-I get that idea because your asking why its locked when everyone knows its to allow blizz to tune the raid how they want, to keep people at a rough ilvl/power lvl going into a raid to make things exactly how hard/easy they want them to be. This is part of how they do that, sure you could give people the time to farm keys and what not and make the content harder but theyre aim for SL was to make things less grindy. And the time gate is literally not arbitrary for what your referring to. Normal/heroic release week: 3 ways for players to recieve gear in PVE. 10 keys, normal, heroic. Heroic–highest ilvl 239, Normal–second best 233 from last two bosses, 226 from most, Keys10±-next best and spammable 229. Do you not see how literally on a RAID RELEASE if you could spam keys for 15 loot (236ilvl) it would make the normal difficulty nearly obsolete…on its release week, and make heroic raid worth doing but most people would probably say the time would be better spent spamming 15s outside of learning fights/last two boss loot. It skews power levels super wide and makes half that weeks content worthless on the day it was released and makes you think “why would I do this raid…therefore why would they ever do that?”. Theyve done this exact release schedule for as long as most can remember in modern raiding for this reason because it gives the raid a bigger power creep as the raid is out longer, and less power creep the shorter it is out…making it harder to kill bosses earlier and easier later and is super logical. Lastly, they want the best gear by a good margin to always come from the hardest content. Lets be honest, 15s are hard. They do not want, even if its for 1 week, to make nearly the best gear in the game come from a 5 man repeatable, relootable dungeon that youve been doing for the past year.

“The gate should be in difficulty, or something a bit better designed vs an arbitrary week lockout on the loot you should be earning.”

-This is exactly how they tune difficulty man. Because the difference in power from the start of a tier varies so much compared to the end, they soft cap what you can start with to have a rough power level they want you to walk into bosses and tune difficulty based off of that. Its the same way they test, they either watch what gear ppl are testing with or put an item level aura on the group and see how it goes and tune based off that. Not every fight is going to be some hard dance or mechanic fight some fights are going to be pure numbers and thats why they do this. And the people who cant clear it in BIS gear, well you kinda answered your question. It’s designed for the better players because the people your talking about won’t get very far. Always been that way always will, thats why there are multiple difficulties and I feel most people are okay with that because they STILL get to prog the raid, just at a lower difficulty and get some kinda experience.

The reason my simple answer is “its always been this way” is because unless your trying to redesign most of theses systems doing what your suggesting goes against what most people would want, atleast top end raiders. They get that it would be unhealthy to be spamming 15s the week prior to mythic for heroic ilvl gear, and for the people that I get your kinda trying to speak for, who “it doesnt matter because it wont effect the raiding they do” I think most people, again, would have the opinion along the lines of "well then they can wait a week because agian it doesnt effect them anyway. You could make an argument that "blizz could just tune things harder numbers wise, tune it for a raid in full mythic /BIS gear during prog ( this would mean theyre tuning a raid for the full raid being BIS on the 7th-10th day of the raid being released), but imo that actaully ends up hurting the same people your kinda talking about. The people who dont get to see much of mythic but get to do some of it. Margins of error on bosses for those people would be even smaller or nonexistent and it would end up hurting them in the long run bc tbh, those are the people doing mythic months into a patch where theyre full BIS anyway and still struggling.