What can show up in Great Vault?

They are lying.

Incorrect.

If you kill raz on normal but not heroic and have 3 slots on heroic from raid you will not get loot from heroic raz or normal raz.

1 Like

Once again. Source?

1 Like

I’ve received items that drop from Raszageth before beating the boss on any difficulty. Both the trinket and the tier helm.

There may be an exception for Razz or the higher iLvl “tier” of the raid, but I have 100% seen GV options for bosses I have never killed on any difficulty.

this is false…I have gear on a toon from Rasz normal, never killed her and it was before the wing of LFR was even out. Not only that but at the time I was probably only 4/8, just started normals.

My buddy also got the normal bow on his first vault and didn’t kill her until the following week.

Had to go back a couple years to find it, but I guess we have an answer. Don’t know if this has changed, but finally an actual source.

1 Like

Do we need to kill these bosses every week for their loots to appear on the vault or do their loot appear for the rest of the season once you kill them at least once?

Just need to kill them once, on that difficulty, to have their loot added to the rotation.

1 Like

Seems like an easy way to target farm a specific piece of gear

ah ok that is good to hear. I thought that we need to kill a specific boss each week to have their items added to the weekly vault.

Yeah. That one I can definitely verify, because last week I woke up late and missed the first two Heroic bosses, but on Tuesday my first Heroic vault slot was Eranog’s cloak.

1 Like

Unless things changed since SL killing the higher ilvl bosses is only that is required to unlock things. You couldn’t get an end boss loot until you killed it once. Once killed it unlocks it and the lower bosses. However it’s unclear if the lower higher ilvl bosses count so I’d assume it’s level based

1 Like

I got a heroic helmet from Rasz without having killed her on week one. As far as I’m aware the unlocking vault loot thing hasn’t been in effect in DF. I have not seen this ever clarified by blizz so who knows, maybe I just had a beneficial bug.

In SL, you had all loot except the last few which dropped higher ilvl. This was to prevent degen restricting your own kills to push off loot tables.

2 Likes

Tier loot is separate and can show up in the vault regardless of whether you killed that boss or not. This is already well established.

1 Like

Ye I’ve never gotten a tier in my m+ chest.

Tier hat? since tier is the exception to the rule, and is unlocked by default.

You’re sure that you aren’t confusing this with a timewalking cache?

According to three expansions of personal experience: Disappointment.

1 Like

This is incorrect. I have Heroic Raz main hand on my mage. I got it before ever even seeing Raz. I still haven’t killed heroic Raz so this doesn’t hold true either. This is the drop version and not be trashy “mythic” upgrade one.

According to myself: Also disappointment. Usually. Every so often I’m surprised by something nice or something I actually want/need for transmog.

1 Like

That’s the mythic eranog ring killed one month ago according to Raider io the broodkeeper ring is much higher ilvl and gives a shield not damage