PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

Man, remember the days when they actually did ban waves instead of suspension waves. Those were the days. :frowning:

I got flagged for not agreeing with or liking a YouTube video. Also for criticizing certain streamers. Wrote an appeal but it didnt seem to do much despite the fact that I wasn’t harassing anybody,just disagreeing with videos I honestly perceived as elitist and terribly executed. No ill will towards Blizz but they need to thoroughly look at the posts that get flag bombed. Some flags are warranted BUT,I have noticed it’s also been getting out of hand.

5 Likes

I guess I should correct that. They were suspension waves not bans. That’s an entirely different discussion though.

You’re awesome. Thanks for that! :smiley:

And you are just going to ignore what I said about you misunderstanding her, right?

Thank you for linking the blue post a lot of people seem to have missed.
Wish we could have this pinned.

1 Like

Just because someone uses it here. Doesn’t mean they are impersonating a blizz employee. You re spouting crazy nonsense my dude. You just trying to make an excuse to report.

2 Likes

Of course it is!

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies and the links to the threads! Helpful if we’re all aware of what might happen to us. :smiley:

The fact the OP is hidden because of all the flags just shows you how stupid this system is. Seriously, whoever engineered these forums is either a top tier corporate troll and daily laughing him/herself silly, or wildly incompetent.

3 Likes

They don’t and flagging was never intended to replace downvotes. It’s just like reporting in the old forums

2 Likes

Stuff like that will end up posting under our btag instead of individual characters

I am not surprised to see this post have flags, nor surprised how soon someone came in with “if you don’t want me to flag then give me downvotes back!!”

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP, post flagging almost always seems childish rather than necessary.

2 Likes

One of the reasons for flagging is that it is upsetting. That is subjective to the individual.

If it upsets someone they have a legitimate reason to flag

1 Like

And that silly standard isn’t open to abuse now is it? No way would someone feign outrage or claim offense on behalf of someone else, not in today’s society. That NEVER happens.

1 Like

Click the flag on this comment now, screen clip your options for me, and highlight where “upsetting” is listed please.
Thanks in advance.

… why am I not surprised that this thread got flagged.

2 Likes

He’s not wrong. It’s listed under “trolling.” I feel like the flagging reasons need to be revamped.

1 Like