PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

Or you could easily look for yourself under the trolling option

1 Like

So then in essence you find anything upsetting to be trolling?
I’ve found so few genuinely bad or malicious posts to flag that I never noticed it was there, but it doesn’t take away from how silly I think someone has to be to find those two things to be synonymous.

1 Like

It’s not my wording. You asked where in the flagging system “upsetting” was. I merely provided that answer.

That is the inherent problem with this system. Its a freaking joke.

1 Like

It’s a shame that the roving band of offended idiots that flag these things never get actioned unless they out themselves.

That’s not what trolling is, you thin-skinned dwarf.

1 Like

Which is the second huge problem with the system. Amorphous, unspecified guidelines leave the moderators with virtually unlimited discretion to enforce what they choose. Its like letting cops become legislators.

2 Likes

It’s mostly automated, anyway. The moderators and CMs haven’t exactly been productive for some time, now.

Read what it says in the flagging system. Seriously. Educate yourself. Click on the flag and take 10 sec or so to read. You may actually learn something

/whoosh

Are you deliberately being obtuse or something??

You seem upset… dare I say, upset enough to flag that post?
Or even this post?

All he tried to do was explain it to you. Reading comprehension is hard…

1 Like

Wow I didn’t know that could happen that’s really sad.

That’s still not trolling. The fact Blizz got that wrong is funny, though.

You’re still missing the point. Its a subjective standard and that is the issue. He isn’t trying to tell you what constitutes trolling and what doesn’t, just pointing out where it falls in the flagging system.

Whoda guessed? lol

1 Like

Yep I blew all my flags just on you. You’re Welcome

The difficulty is that with the old forum could report someone if they put a topic in the wrong forum, these days that’s not so easy.

1 Like

I never said it was. Some rando that’s to lazy to click and read asked a question. Being the nice guy I am, I answered them. And I doubt it’s even Blizzards wording but the wording of the company who created the forum software Blizzard is using

bah, I confused him for someone earlier in the thread. That’s on me.

There is no good reason this thread by the OP is hidden.

He/She - makes good points, and is not abusive. This thread tells me some folks should review forum post guidelines.

2 Likes