PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

Alright, my lovelies… this is getting to be a tad silly now. So let me explain something very simply:

• If you find a post is against the rules, you flag it.
  • If you dislike a post, just don’t give it a heart and then respond with your dislike.

Say it with me now…

Flagging is for reporting something that’s against the rules. Flagging is not for dislikes.

We are all awesome and we all have an opinion. But false reporting is only going to get the people doing it in trouble-- not the people that are being wrongly accused.

Let’s just all get along, mkay? :blue_heart:

Edit after having a very constructive discussion about how we could change the options to make sure they cover all of the CoC, but sound more serious and not as nonchalant so that people will hopefully not abuse the system:

I think the icon needs changed to a little :warning: symbol called “report.” And the options should be as follows:

• Language - extremely offensive language
  • Harassment - bullying
  • Code Violation - against CoC
  • Incorrect forum - needs moved to correct one

And at the bottom of that in bold, it should say:

Reporting is for code violations only and should not be used to disagree. Any misuse will result in disciplinary action.

That may help to clarify what we should be using it for and maybe more clearly define the reasons. It also still covers everything, but encourages people to read the CoC. These options are a bit closer to the old ones we had. Maybe it’ll help!

Please also remember that if you abuse the flagging system, you can get yourself a vacation! We don’t want that!

160 Likes

i’m just here to watch the best person i’ve never met to get buried

3 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/32410f77eda9b672cde516a0b14db9de/tenor.gif?itemid=4849907

When people wrongly use the flagging system, my reaction is simple.

22 Likes

You mean I’m not supposed to act like a child and spam flag things just because I didn’t agree with what was said? :open_mouth:

I dun believe it!

24 Likes

Off label use allowed.

I agree with this post. I also have a strong urge to flag it.

9 Likes

What kind of vampire doesn’t BITE wrongdoers?
(don’t bite me)

A vegan vampire that drinks bloody marys?

4 Likes

Honestly, if Blizz doesnt want people to use flagging as a replacement for downvotes, then they need to give us downvotes back.

48 Likes

Oh yes, I could do that, you’re correct.

Or… THIS!

2 Likes

IF YOU DARE TO FLAG THAT POST

I WILL FIGHT YOU TO DEATH

3 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

Halve the ration of downvotes to upvotes per account to maintain a positive bias.

3 Likes

Dunno if they really have an opinion on what gets hidden/temp locked or not, or if they have an opinion on people who flag when really they just disagree and call it “trolling”.

Maybe they look at it like chat in the game. They’re letting the community decide what is acceptable in public chat or not.

It sure would be nice if they would actually say something about it, so there’s not all of these questions up in the air.

that doesnt sound like a bad idea tbh atm

3 Likes

Except there is no ration of likes even now if someone decides to switch between their toons.

that should never have been allowed

its on blizzard (partly) and (mostly) discourse

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: I actually enjoyed that rendition of Dracula

scurries away and hides

1 Like

Did you constantly use the report function for your disagreements on the old forum? Because I don’t remember threads getting deleted or flagged rampantly like they do here.

Say it with me now… Flagging is for breaking rules. Not for dislikes.

11 Likes