PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

Just be true to you. If you do your best to treat people well and stand up for what you think is right that’s what counts.

1 Like

Agreed .have a cat hug :hugs:

1 Like

The post implies that they have the authority of a Blizzard employee in making rules enforcement determination including punishments for “false reporting” – uses of the flag system that don’t meet their personal approval.

However if they were a Blizzard employee they would be posting as a blue and most likely it’d be handled by a community manager.

I’m not critical of the idea that the flag system much like the silence system in-game (or any reporting system) is easily abused but that the OP is assuming an undue mantle of authority in making posts and clarifications best made by a Blizzard employee.

No it doesn’t. It’s a public service announcement like many of the ones we see around the forums all the time from other people. I’m not forcing people to do anything. I’m not threatening people with disciplinary action either.

No I’m not. It’s a forum post from a forum poster. Nothing more than that. I’m not even sure how you managed to read that much into my post. LOL

2 Likes

Well I guess I see why you feel that way but I think that’s just her wording. Really she wants the forum to be open for discussions.

1 Like

Impersonating a Blizzard Employee

This category includes:

• Passing yourself off as a Blizzard employee to post false information

I think you’re stretching.

3 Likes

Can’t wait until it happens, honestly. I assume it’s mostly toxic posters doing the false flags anyway.

2 Likes

How much time do you have on your hands to come up with that conspiracy theory?

3 Likes

A public service announcement is something made by people usually by somebody with a degree of authority – something that you are assuming – I mean I’d like a blue clarification on that and if the community managers disagree with my conclusion I wouldn’t bring it up again.

It seems you don’t appreciate somebody challenging you in your self-appointed rule as forum guardian but I’m sure if the roles were reversed I’d be defensive as well.

It’s not a conspiracy theory but again if you believe the OP has the authority of a community manager then I can’t really change your mind on the subject.

People use the PSA tag in their titles quite often to give other players information.

Are you suggesting they are also "impersonating " a blizzard employee?

Here is the definition by the way. Not a single thing mentioned about authority figures.

Public Service Announcement

an announcement made for the good of the public.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/public service announcement

2 Likes

Nobody said that, neither did OP.

I would hope replying to such an asinine accusation would be beneath them and they give you a forum vacation instead, simply for derailing a thread with hyperbole and an insane accusation.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I merely responded to you. Where did I get bent out of shape about anything for.you to believe this?

Would you rather I simply ignored you? I mean, I could have… but I thought it was actually a sign of respect that I read and responded to you.

Also not a forum guardian and never claimed to be. But when I see threads being flagged and hidden for no good reason that aren’t against CoC, I feel it’s time we all talked about the problem. That’s not putting myself in charge. All I did was bring it up.

Not around the internet, good sir. The meaning of that phrase isn’t what it used to be even back when I grew up. I have no authority. I never said that I did. Nor would I do such a thing.

5 Likes

But I don’t. And never once said that I did.

How did a friendly conversation about how our flagging system is being abused suddenly turn into “OMG SHE’S TRYING TO BE A BLUE”?

6 Likes

i must say what an interesting development

Until Blizzard starts suspending these people who are abusing their system it will only get worse.

9 Likes

I know of at least one person who has been suspended. And I could’ve sworn someone posted a blue response or a green response about how it is actually a known thing that people will get vacations for abusing it. I’ll have to do some searching to see if I can find it. If it still exists. Might’ve been in a thread that’s been deleted.

Maybe we need a blue to re-clarify and let people know? I mean, I know it’s in the CoC, but how many of us actually read that enough to remember it. lol

Yeah, that’s the root of many issues around here. We don’t have any blues who will clarify anything.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath for any clarification, but I do think it’s needed. Remember when they would post a sticky after a ban wave of bots and remind everyone about the rules regarding botting?

3 Likes