Please fix the Mouse 4/5 auto-strafe bug ... AGAIN!

I can’t believe I have logged in after another 2 week break to find the strafe bug still in the game.

Seriously, this was a problem back in May the Blizzard devs called out in a blue post, confirmed it was an issue, and then fixed. And then it came back about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and it’s still not fixed.

This is literally game breaking for anyone that uses mouse 4/5 to strafe, and no, I can’t just switch, given all of my keybinds for every character I play revolve around this dynamic.

If anyone from Blizzard needs a refresher these posts should have all the information you need

You fixed it once, please fix it again.

3 Likes

yep, it’s back, it’s exhausting

2 Likes

Why this has not even been addressed is beyond me.

1 Like

good question

1 Like

To make matters worse, they appear to have introduced the bug into the WOTLK client with the latest update. Do they just want their game to be unplayable??? Movement is extremely important in this game and they are messing it up for everyone who isn’t a keyboard turner.

1 Like

submit a bug for this - until more people submit bug reports it wont get looked at

1 Like

Yes I’m running in to this exact issue on WoTLK client now.

Oh so that’s what this is. I have 3 monitors set up and it will happen when I click out of the window and back in.

insert Jeopardy tune
come on Blizz :frowning:

Any updates yet?

I’m periodically checking back because i let my subscription expire, for this exact reason

I installed “Key Remapper” software, re-bound my strafe in-game to F8, F9, then rebound my mouse buttons to F8, F9 and it works like a charm. The bug has something to do with the client creating its own Toggle Auto Run hotkey to Mouse Button 4 or 5 that doesn’t get overwritten effectively

I am sooo sad about this bug being BACK after they fixed it! And it’s in WOTKK too!

Also sad to report; I used the Logitech software to remap my 4 & 5 to numpad 1 &2…and it still happened in-game. However, F1-12 seem to work well.

Still irksome!

The fact it’s now an issues in Classic when it wasn’t before is hilariously bad.

… I am once again asking you for your support

1 Like

Yup, the bug is still there in 10.2, and still no response from Blizzard on this since it resurfaced back in September.

For reference, below is Blizzard Blue’s acknowledgement of the issue back in May, and what appears to be a genuine desire to see it fixed … to the point where it did get fixed. But why they have gone radio silent since it resurfaced? I have no idea.

Obviously the fix has been documented by internal ticketing and CI build tools, so it shouldn’t take a big effort to track it down and reimplement … I mean, any solutions architect, senior developer, release manager, etc. should be able to do this in their sleep … Come on blizz.

Continuing the discussion from Input (Keyboard/Mouse) issues since 10.1, character stuck running:

1 Like

Its happening again!

not only that but my mouse completely bugs out so that it’s literally unplayable

Luckily it hasn’t hit classic era yet… only reason i haven’t unsubbed. Its a dealbreaker