Strafe bug is back!

The strafe bug has made a return since it made mouse strafers unable to play in 10.1. When attempting to strafe with mouse buttons (4 and 5) while using the mouse to move, my character will get stuck auto strafing in that particular strafe direction until that strafe button is hit again to cancel it. This makes it impossible to use this style of movement.

Several weeks after 10.1 dropped, customer support agent “Jambrix” announced that the bug was fixed. Not only did they fix it, they also fixed where auto strafe would occasionally occur prior to 10.1. But sadly, it has returned just as unplayable as ever. You can find a LOT more information about this bug here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/input-keyboardmouse-issues-since-101-character-stuck-running/

In the meantime, friends who use mouse strafing can use 3rd party software as a work around by binding your strafe keys to another button…say F7 F8 or something similar. I suggest using atnsoft. com/ downloads / [[Won’t let me post links so without the spaces and add https:// ]] Although it appears to have a trial period as mine expired and I may not be able to use it again. But if you haven’t downloaded it, give it a shot.

Edit: In addition, you should check with your mouse’s manufacturer as they may have this software for free because you bought their product.

4 Likes

I can confirm. This bug is back.

2 Likes

Blizzard being Blizzard.

1 Like

That fact it hasn’t been fixed yet either when they ALREADY did last patch is even more frustrating

2 Likes

Yup, it’s back. I was on a little bit of a break, logged in and sure enough it was doing it again.

Blizzard please fix this. You’ve done it once. Go back and look at your release notes, you’ll likely find the ticket in which the fix was deployed under.

2 Likes

this bug is game losing and so awful to play around please fix it

2 Likes

Would love any sort of update on this…

2 Likes

Still… nothing…

1 Like

This makes the game unplayable

1 Like

still nothing… :skull:

1 Like

It appears to be fixed as of 2/27/2024.