Phasing to get away

Anyone else tired of fighting someone just for them to abuse the system to take a que, or get an invite to go to a different shard just to get out of a fight. And a lot of times if you just wait a couple of minutes you will see them back with a deserter debuff from the dungeon/pvp instance they just left. Can we please do something about this.

10 Likes

This topic definitely needed a new thread…

3 Likes

have they done anything about it? No, then ok

7 Likes

Because it’s not a problem. With all of the things that could potentially be fixed, this is your priority?

So what if a person phases while losing a fight? What is the actual impact that adversely affects the game? Are people going to stop subbing because every now and then someone escaped a corpse run?

I think most of us agree it’s cheesy, but it’s not a big deal in reality. There are much bigger things on Blizzard’s plate than this.

7 Likes

well it’s annoying when people pick a fight see they are losing so they abuse a system to get away, but I dont expect a bubble hearthing pally to get it

11 Likes

Someone’s jealous. WAIT is that a… Priest!! Oh sweet mother of bacon RUN!!!

2 Likes

Sure it’s annoying, but how often does it happen? “Oh no, I didn’t get the HK and that extremely valuable honor!”

My, what an original and clever insult you’ve concocted there. Totally validates your point of view.

4 Likes

fairly often

It’s starting to happen really often, at least among Horde in RP shards - probably more than half the time last night.

Granted, those guys are the ones on the receiving end of the mechanics that tend to unbalance the RP shards against them.

5 Likes

no i have a paladin, never bubble hearthed in pvp. Also as an enchanter I get a bubble hearth anyway, still don’t use it

world pvp has always been about who can cheese the most, this is just the new armament in an ever-evolving battle.

5 Likes

What exactly do you think is being abused to phase out?

Battleground, arena, LFR, or dungeon queues? Those take time to pop, sometimes, a long time. If that’s your problem, tough.

Now, phasing between realms/shards due to grouping in world content is another thing entirely. With all the grouping addons that exist, the game shouldn’t allow players currently in combat to phase from each other if they don’t teleport to an instanced area.

4 Likes

My guess is that the most common technique is to queue for a world elite. Those groups are by default created as auto join, so it only takes a few seconds to get in.

3 Likes

That does not phase you … AFAIK

It’s probably skirmish … they pop every 2 min

2 Likes

We had no luck with the phasing last night.:rofl:

1 Like

Did we even try ?

It was not that bad yesterday maybe because I had yourself and heretic with me . But I have had assaults last up to 1 hour when trying to do solo . :man_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

Maybe on Horde they do. That might explain why this seems to be a more preferred tactic for Horde, instead of the typically Alliance tactic of selectively using war mode.

What’s the skirmish times on alliance side ??

Just the one time when we reformed the group. I did have a blast last night. We will have to get together more often.

3 Likes

I guess you are the guy who gleefully slaughters opposing faction members 5v1 and since you generally “lose” 1v1s, etc, you really cherish each and every "easy"kill you can get :slight_smile:

Cool story bro; sounds like this is a MASSIVE problem. Ok maybe not :slight_smile: