Phasing abuse to dodge WPvP

A lot of players recently seem to have worked out how to do this, to the point where most alliance I see disappear in any fight they are losing in WPvP in the middle of combat. Can anyone shed any light on how they are doing this? I know there's limitations on phasing in other ways, so it's a real mystery how they are managing this.

It just seems like an exploit, especially now that maybe 90% of the people I see are doing it. I'm not saying it's just one faction either, but it's certainly very prevalent, and it's getting a fair bit of attention in game when it happens too...
2 Likes
Short battleground queues. If you're winning the WPVP fight, you can decline the BG.
11/01/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Kinnslayerr
I see disappear in any fight they are losing in WPvP

Let's not overlook the classic 'Horde alt+f4'. As soon as they see the pounding coming, they force log and sit there for a few but you can't do nothing to them.
1 Like
11/01/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Zenretsu
Horde alt+f4'

I love how all these ally zerglings cry "Horde do this, Horde do that", when its ppl on both sides that do these things.

I've seen many allies phase out/take Q's etc from fights. Alliance isnt special.

P.S. I doubt anyone runs from ^ those 2 hunters (unless they're in a raid group).
Your achieves are awful
your HK counts are awful
even your Honor lvls are awful

Just stop. Idk why you turds have an ego, when all you're "good" at is lag blobbing servers...
2 Likes
11/01/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Yarrow
Short battleground queues. If you're winning the WPVP fight, you can decline the BG.

More like people using the quest LFG addon to dip from the scene
2 Likes
11/01/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Diago
11/01/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Yarrow

More like people using the quest LFG addon to dip from the scene
Could be. This is nothing new.
11/01/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Notghoulz
Horde alt+f4'

I love how all these ally zerglings cry "Horde do this, Horde do that", when its ppl on both sides that do these things.

I've seen many allies phase out/take Q's etc from fights. Alliance isnt special.

P.S. I doubt anyone runs from ^ those 2 hunters (unless they're in a raid group).
Your achieves are awful
your HK counts are awful

Just stop. Idk why you turds have an ego, when all you're "good" at is lag blobbing servers...

Smells like salt in here. Its not me you're mad at, he can't hurt you anymore.
Raid I was in just had some Horde players we chased into PvE Portals.

Should we address this as well? Seems similar to the other phasing shenanigans going on.
11/01/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Notghoulz
Your achieves are awful
your HK counts are awful

I'm pretty good at taking battleground queues when they pop, in the middle of world PVP or otherwise, though.

Speaking of PVP accomplishments, why haven't you capped Conquest yet? There's no need to be running around with a weapon 30 ilvl lower than it could be.
This has been a thing since CRZ was introduced in 2012. Late to the party, OP.
A lot of players recently seem to have worked out how to do this, to the point where most alliance I see disappear in any fight they are losing in WPvP in the middle of combat. Can anyone shed any light on how they are doing this? I know there's limitations on phasing in other ways, so it's a real mystery how they are managing this.

It just seems like an exploit, especially now that maybe 90% of the people I see are doing it. I'm not saying it's just one faction either, but it's certainly very prevalent, and it's getting a fair bit of attention in game when it happens too...

I ran into this somehow with someone with chauffeur mount in Drustvar kept phasing in and out near or on mount to get out of fighting me was so annoying. Idk if this still possible.
11/02/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Yarrow
Speaking of PVP accomplishments, why haven't you capped Conquest yet? There's no need to be running around with a weapon 30 ilvl lower than it could be.

Sorry that my 5th 120 doesnt get capped every week
(and yet is still basically higher ilvl than your main)

Lewl
I see disappear in any fight they are losing in WPvP

Let's not overlook the classic 'Horde alt+f4'. As soon as they see the pounding coming, they force log and sit there for a few but you can't do nothing to them.

Too bad that doesn't do anything. Cool story bro.
Idk it seems horde alt f4 a ton so... yeah
11/04/2018 05:40 PMPosted by AkamĂ i

Alt-F4 works the same way a disconnect does. Your client has disconnected from the game, but server wise, your character is still there, he's just incapable of doing anything.

You'd still be able to kill anyone who had Alt-F4'd. Only if they phase or take a queue is when you can't kill them.
4 Likes
11/04/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Alphon
11/04/2018 05:40 PMPosted by AkamĂ i

Alt-F4 works the same way a disconnect does. Your client has disconnected from the game, but server wise, your character is still there, he's just incapable of doing anything.

You'd still be able to kill anyone who had Alt-F4'd. Only if they phase or take a queue is when you can't kill them.

Last I checked, DC'd folks didn't take damage.
11/05/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Yarrow
11/04/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Alphon

Typically I'd say that was incorrect (that's the reason the 20 second timer has always existed outside of rested areas, so you can't just quit to avoid conflict), but I've been seeing a lot of guys who seem to be in the process of phasing out who aren't taking damage. It's been weird and frustrating.

Yes they do. DC'ed people can still take damage up to a minute before their character disappears from the game.

There's been many times in front of Caverns of Time where me or a friend have disconnected after a death grip or a mind control, and we come back dead because the people attacking us were able to continue attacking us during the DC.
3 Likes
11/05/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Balanor

Typically I'd say that was incorrect (that's the reason the 20 second timer has always existed outside of rested areas, so you can't just quit to avoid conflict), but I've been seeing a lot of guys who seem to be in the process of phasing out who aren't taking damage. It's been weird and frustrating.

Agreed. I think it's a recently introduced bug.
11/05/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Balanor
but I've been seeing a lot of guys who seem to be in the process of phasing out who aren't taking damage. It's been weird and frustrating.

More than likely those people took a queue. You can take battleground, arena, and dungeon queues in combat to avoid death.