Phasing and warmode

So I appologize if this has already been mentioned. While I’m sure both sides (if able, do) take advantage of abusing the game mechanic of phasing in warmode invasions. In stormsong valley invasion horde players wisely use this phasing in shatterfall pass ganking and accumulating honor and then crossing back and forth over the phase line disappearing when the pressure gets hot. After they’ve achieved a bounty on their head they sit and hide behind this mechanic, showing up on the map but nowhere to be seen. Note I’m blaming the game, not the players and wanted to bring attention to it.

Sharding and phasing have definitely been my biggest gripes since finally turning on WM a little under a month ago, not so much the behavior of the actual players.

1 Like

Lmao. No you are just trying to blame Horde for goofing off and trying to make them look bad. Phasing is part of the game now. Alliance do this all the time. They even find areas where they refuse to complete quests so they can have a safe haven to hide in or phase in 2-5 raids at once. Alliance started this crap and then want to cry when the Horde starts trolling them. hahaha.

1 Like

False, Go back to Zandalar troll. I clearly said it probably happens on both sides but this is the only particular instance I’m seeing it occurring. Please feel free to point out other locations it’s happening. And no matter the faction, it’s something that should be worked on - the end

1 Like

Yeah, phasing is happening in world pvp. It’s not a huge deal, but the place you brought up is where I have noticed it being intentionally used the most, because it’s right next to a point of contention between the alliance and horde. There’s a couple weird spots in Nazmir that I’ve been able to phase out on but they’re not quite as abusable. I think Blizzard clearly intends for us to clash in certain places, it would probably be wise for them to put places players phase out not close to those locations.

I wouldn’t say Nazmir isn’t as usable. There are two spots I know of for alliance to phase out where there are quite often PVP FIGHTS going on.

The submarine at the end of the docks if 4 Incursion WQ are done. The docks is often a hotbed of activity because of the quests to kill npcs. It also has a supply chest spawn point on it, and another possible horde WQ if horde gets the elite spawn to kill which is like 20 feet from the submarine.

The other spot is that area where you turn into an elemental and can throw the enemy npcs up into the air. It is just south from the mana incursion WQ which shares requirements with both factions so often turns into a battle-zone.

Quest phasing and shard hopping are definitely an issue, and sometimes it can be maddening. That being said, I quite often use both tactics myself. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

I do however wish it were fixed. Nothing feels as bad as getting ganked and going back for a revenge kill only for the ganker to phase out easily. Also not much feels better than actually being able to catch someone that ganked you and get revenge on them.

Do you mean we phase by getting close to the sub? Or you mean you can just get in it?

1 Like

Don’t complete the quest and just hop in it if you want to get away.

Same with the final quest in Zul’dazar with the void dino thing that Umbric summons, or I guess any of the quests that phase you really.

I experienced a few times tonight someone just vanishing because of phasing and or using phasing as a means to troll in open world pvp, I’m fairly new to war mode but not new to pvp. The flavor is off, kinda like that of a diaper and my husband is getting corpse humped atm, something is really off. bad. fix it.

Nice 3 year necro, bro.

2 Likes

It’s the only way this forum section ever sees activity. They might as well just delete it.