People already falsely reporting me for language while I advertise my own services

I think you should have known that people are not the brightest these days and fail to read the whole thing first before reporting someone. They see the headline and just assume boosting is gone which is not. Best you can do is cool it down for 1 week and you will be fine as other people will keep advertising again.

To be fair that post is fairly long :laughing:

1 Like

can’t help illiterate people :man_shrugging:

Is it? I thought it was just organizations being blacklisted. or 3rd partysites OR real $

I can see people knee jerk reacting in trade chat but less so in a looking for group setting. Dunno, could be wrong.

it is. People are false reporting left right and center because they’re too dumb to read the fine print

1 Like

It’s ironic for you to post that because it makes it clear you didn’t read the ‘disruptive gameplay’ or ‘what constitutes spam’ in the game EULA/Rules

1 Like

yeah poor bullied boosters :frowning: all they want is to help people swipe their CC on token :frowning: and help them get their little boost !

Just buy tokens they are cheap as f.

I buy myself 1-2 tokens monthly and run two subs. Sadly I can’t buy tokens on EU.

Only service I think are expensive are name change , race change and faction change. Simply for what they offer for that piece, but again I don’t use them as much I use token service.

Maybe learn to read next time?

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

1 Like

Take your own advice. :3 You typing adverts in trade chat, if enough people on the server don’t want to see it is considered disruptive chat/spam and falls under THAT very rule which is why people end up actioned. As has been explained by blue posters many times before.

3 Likes

can’t help the dumb blink I guess :man_shrugging: Sometimes it’s good to read w/ your eyes open w/o bias

Technically you’re both right.

It is ill-defined and open for speculation what is considered disruptive. It depends on the person reviewing the reports.

Aka: a bad or incomplete system that needs to be defined so people in good faith don’t get falsely reported and temp silenced.

Blizzard specifically banned communities, particularly ones that operate on multiple realms. Per their own wording individuals and guilds are still safe and free to offer in-game items or activities in exchange for in-game currency.

They’re not even banning the advertising (in the form it was allowed previously) for the sanctioned groups, they’re simply saying “if you’re part of a larger group, or we can’t track how you’re getting paid for this, you’re banned.” The new rules allow individuals and guilds to keep advertising in trade, but do not allow people to create alts on a dozen realms trying to get “buyers” into their runs (for potentially untrackable exchanges of “goods”).

I think this is a good change, but it needs to be extremely clear from Blizzard about what’s going on.

Honestly? I think they need to make a “boosting” channel. You can only offer carries in that one global channel, you can only exchange it for gold, and anyone found “offering” in whispers, yells, /say, trade, general, and so on, should be subject to punishment. Put boosts and carries in their own corner, restrict how they can do it, and then just crush anyone who breaks those rules.

1 Like

the only reason it was ever allowed was because people didnt care, now with the changes if majority of the playerbase wants the change for boosting to stop being advertised all together it will. None wants to see a stupid ad, if you want whats best for the game, you would want as well the economy to be based around professions and material hunting and not needing to piggy back someone that has fat stack of cash to burn on tokens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me telling you to blink.

There’s a reason this thread - and you people are not posting in the CS forums.

6 Likes

What’s legal doesn’t matter when the mob can lynch you itself :wink:

That was banned a while ago, Blizzard just doesn’t enforce it or does when they want. You are confusing the changes in policies.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/in-game-advertising-policy-changes-for-group-finder-285321?page=5

Ty for explaining that. I read it and thought that’s what it was but then started reading other people’s takes on it and got confused so much appreciated.

As for making a boosting channel, I think this is a great idea and don’t know why they don’t just do that.

1 Like

These people they just argue for it because their whole plan for the game is around boosting, and they can’t understand that a thing like that is only alive as long as the community/dev allows it, they can’t imagine what the game going to be without it. Even if its better without it and you can make gold without having to carry people :slight_smile:

Things can change as the community sees fit. Players lets just say… talked differently 10 years ago in online games. Things change all the time :slight_smile:

What is considerate to others differs person to person though. That would be like the speed limit being “drive at a safe speed” while good advice it doesn’t actually mean anything when of you break the rules by someone else’s interpeta9you get punished even if you thought you were within the rules.

They should have it set that some number of lines of text are allowed within /2 in some time frame and any less than that is guaranteed fine.