Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

Yeah, trying to tell people that something is “spam,” even though Blizzard straight-up says they allow it, pretty much seals that. Sounds like he also isn’t aware that “spam” means “repeated and excessive” in this game, as it has for the past 17 years.

1 Like

No there really aren’t not in an efficient manner the only way is ah flipping which takes far more advantage of people being bad than boosting ever did.

Til the ignore function doesn’t work

Not a he, and not trolling. Trying to state someone is trolling because they’re actually quoting the game rules while someone else is arguing against them fits that definition better, thanks. Not my problem you, and others don’t understand the rule-set of the game.

He tried to expand “spam”, but as stated already I don’t think he understands what words mean because selling boosts is specifically relevant and appropriate for a trade chat.

He’s a funny troll that one. At least he’s doing the OP a favor by bumping the thread I guess?

Nope, I already gave you the definition of spam and Blizzards stance on the community reporting such people. If it warrants enough reports to get squelched, and can be seen as disruptive (I.E. Unwanted adverts, even if it’s just once or twice) GMs are not too keen on removing the auto-mated squelch and instead stick with it as a silence.

Further, misgendering someone intentionally after being corrected isn’t something good to do so I’d ask you not to.

And the the ignorance just keeps rolling. What a trip. lol

At least trolls like that are useful for the OPs.

I wouldn’t take it personally. Most people ignore trolls at some point, so he probably never saw what you posted in that regard.

Every single message in every single public chat channel can be classified as unwanted and unsolicited. What is unwanted/unsolicited is not something that’s concrete, it’s something that varies from individual to individual, and is exactly the major issue here.

Whamboomy - Pet Journal - Collections (worldofwarcraft.com)

Ðiesël - Pet Journal - Collections (worldofwarcraft.com)

Fenïx - Pet Journal - Collections (worldofwarcraft.com)

Switching alts and acting like you’re different people in a thread to fit your narrative and disrupt a thread, actually falls more in line with what you’re trying to call me. Not very wise.

Note the “advert” part.

This was already explained. Hence the growing support for them as a troll. Just report him and move on. Feeding the trolls is a waste of your time. <3

I agree that the silence feature using number of reports to determine the validity of the silence is a very poor mechanic. Especially when people as a whole are much like lemmings and follow whatever someone tells them to do. If you need any proof, try initiating a vote kick in a dungeon (you being the tank not tanking) against a melee dps claiming the tank is bad or not tanking. You will be surprised how often votes like that make it through.

I mean you can get the silence overturned through a ticket - which is annoying. But I think the key is to have some kind of ramification for those that reported in the first place when the silence was unwarranted.

Honestly, good, keep it up. Any type of sales of content in the game should be mass reported. If thats what the players want thats what the players get. Noone believes youre selling legit runs that arnt going to be profited from in the real world. And if you are get reported anyway for wasting your own time. gg kids

The squelch thing is pretty pointless considering when you report someone for chat violations, they automatically get ignored. Why do you need to squelch them if you can’t even see that they are still posting?

That’s actually very common in randoms. It’s bizarre. People can start a votekick with the reason of “AFK” for someone who’s wailing away at the boss, and within 3 seconds poof they’re gone.

No one reads it fully, they just read the reason and click OK (not WHO it’s kicking). I’ve seen it done many times.

Regular players are tired of your nonsense spam. Get over it.

Since we know it’s a squelch and they’re sending emails for squelches now, for my own morbid curiosity, are you able to use group finder or no? My understanding is that squelches and silences have the same effects and that you won’t be able to use LFG, although I haven’t seen that confirmed.

If the time frame to get an automated squelch appealed was reasonable, it would be one thing. But when you get a squelch and it takes > 1 day to appeal it, and you’re unable to play the game during that time (squelch/silence do more than just keep you from talking, you can’t join groups), and it gets overturned via appeal a day+ later, how is that fair?

2 Likes