People already falsely reporting me for language while I advertise my own services

Take your own advice. :3 You typing adverts in trade chat, if enough people on the server don’t want to see it is considered disruptive chat/spam and falls under THAT very rule which is why people end up actioned. As has been explained by blue posters many times before.

3 Likes

can’t help the dumb blink I guess :man_shrugging: Sometimes it’s good to read w/ your eyes open w/o bias

Technically you’re both right.

It is ill-defined and open for speculation what is considered disruptive. It depends on the person reviewing the reports.

Aka: a bad or incomplete system that needs to be defined so people in good faith don’t get falsely reported and temp silenced.

Blizzard specifically banned communities, particularly ones that operate on multiple realms. Per their own wording individuals and guilds are still safe and free to offer in-game items or activities in exchange for in-game currency.

They’re not even banning the advertising (in the form it was allowed previously) for the sanctioned groups, they’re simply saying “if you’re part of a larger group, or we can’t track how you’re getting paid for this, you’re banned.” The new rules allow individuals and guilds to keep advertising in trade, but do not allow people to create alts on a dozen realms trying to get “buyers” into their runs (for potentially untrackable exchanges of “goods”).

I think this is a good change, but it needs to be extremely clear from Blizzard about what’s going on.

Honestly? I think they need to make a “boosting” channel. You can only offer carries in that one global channel, you can only exchange it for gold, and anyone found “offering” in whispers, yells, /say, trade, general, and so on, should be subject to punishment. Put boosts and carries in their own corner, restrict how they can do it, and then just crush anyone who breaks those rules.

1 Like

the only reason it was ever allowed was because people didnt care, now with the changes if majority of the playerbase wants the change for boosting to stop being advertised all together it will. None wants to see a stupid ad, if you want whats best for the game, you would want as well the economy to be based around professions and material hunting and not needing to piggy back someone that has fat stack of cash to burn on tokens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me telling you to blink.

There’s a reason this thread - and you people are not posting in the CS forums.

6 Likes

What’s legal doesn’t matter when the mob can lynch you itself :wink:

That was banned a while ago, Blizzard just doesn’t enforce it or does when they want. You are confusing the changes in policies.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/in-game-advertising-policy-changes-for-group-finder-285321?page=5

Ty for explaining that. I read it and thought that’s what it was but then started reading other people’s takes on it and got confused so much appreciated.

As for making a boosting channel, I think this is a great idea and don’t know why they don’t just do that.

1 Like

These people they just argue for it because their whole plan for the game is around boosting, and they can’t understand that a thing like that is only alive as long as the community/dev allows it, they can’t imagine what the game going to be without it. Even if its better without it and you can make gold without having to carry people :slight_smile:

Things can change as the community sees fit. Players lets just say… talked differently 10 years ago in online games. Things change all the time :slight_smile:

What is considerate to others differs person to person though. That would be like the speed limit being “drive at a safe speed” while good advice it doesn’t actually mean anything when of you break the rules by someone else’s interpeta9you get punished even if you thought you were within the rules.

They should have it set that some number of lines of text are allowed within /2 in some time frame and any less than that is guaranteed fine.

I’m not confusing it I just forgot they did that

I’m pretty sure I grasp the new change but I’ll probably forget that a month or so

On a personal note I would much rather segregate boost advertising to lfg than ever have it in trade

I dunno you say you do it for 30 min a day but you also say you did it for 2 hours and then every 12 minutes or so. Basically why I turned off trade chat on even slightly populated servers because everybody’s stuff like that mixes together into one giant blob of selling something that isn’t an item.

1 Like

I oppose that, trade chat is exactly for what selling a boost exist. Meanwhile LFG exist so you can make groups for whatever you are looking for.

A lot of people got silenced from mass reporting today for advertising self services.

Just wait until none of the casuals who reported people can get into heroic raids in 9.2 because AOTC is required and we no longer sell it :slight_smile:

Thats gonna be awesome.

so it’s ok for you to discuss and vent and rant but not others? If you want what happened to get fixed for you appeal it dont whine on the forums nothing will happen here. Boosters are not generally liked as yall are spammy and ruin the playing experience for others

Different Strokes for different folks. I say give them their own Tab and let them have at it

And now to prove OPs point this thread has been false flagged. Thats pretty good.

I’ve never been a fan of this “simply right click and report” system. It was obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells that it would be abused. I wish Blizzard would actually punish people for false reporting, as some claim they do. However considering how often false reporting leads to people getting unjustly silenced/suspended/etc its clear there are hardly any punishments for false reporting, if any.

I also find it funny that coincidentally the time of a silence is usually 3 days, which is about the same time as an appeal to a silence/suspension takes. Its almost as if Blizzard knows this happens and just don’t care.

yeah you know what terrible thing they would do if you dont sell it ? omg they might, they might actually try to do the content themselves :open_mouth: how terrible !!! They absolutely need you!