[Main Thread] Account penalty lasting beyond expiration date

I got a ban while my account was banned? My ban was finished so I went to log on but it had me banned with a different code? I opened a ticket about the original ban but they never got back to me before the 24 hours was over so I cancelled it but now I wish I didnt because I am banned now and I do not know why. Does anyone know what this code is? blz51900053

I googled it but no success. Any help would be great. Cant find any phone numbers or anything to call and tickets do not seem to get answered in the time I was quoted yesterday so I do not know who to ask.
Also, my account is active still in the client and in my account status. It only says this after I try to log in. What is going on?*

I’m not seeing this currently suspended, have you fully logged out of both the game and the launcher?

This was actually two different account actions - both names. If you have any other in danger of being reported, I’d strongly recommend you self - report. I do see you have a ticket currently open. Every subsequent naming violation usually doubles penalties.

2 Likes

When I was banned the first time, It kept logging me out and forcing me to change name but it did not say anything about it. Eventually my account was banned and it told me why and that It was banned for 24 hours. So that was up and I went to log in and it has me banned still for a day and 10 hours. It happened on my current wow, not classic, but cant log in to either of them. The only emails I have about this have my report ending yesterday

Suspensions are not bans. If you are asked to change your name at login, you need to pick a new one - that conforms to our naming policies. Renaming the same - or one in violation - or multiple violations do start resulting in suspensions.

3 Likes

I get that now because it banned me but the ban ended and I logged back in for the first time today and it has me banned again? Why? It does not tell me anywhere why I was suspended again

Terminology is important. If you were banned, there would be no end to it. You may have been suspended, which allows for your return. These are two different things.

Does it show you that my account is suspended? It says my account is active and it says my supscription is still running. It had it locked yesterday when I was suspended for a day. I do not know the difference between ban or suspended, I consider not being able to log in a ban so I am using the words for that meaning. Why am I currently suspended if my ban was over? why would they ban me another time after my ban was over if I never logged in?

I am actually seeing two actions, although it doesn’t appear to be suspended at the moment. I’d leave your current ticket open.

2 Likes

i use suspended and ban as the same thing. I was suspended for a day, then it ended last night so I went to log in today for the first time since the suspension lifted and it has me suspended again for longer but no email about it. I had a ticket about it for the first one but they never got back to me in the 24 hour period so i cancelled it since it was up. I just could not play at the time of the suspension being lifted. I went to log in to day but it has me suspended again. I do not want to have to wait over 24 hours to play again or however long it will take for them to answer that. I can only play certain times during the week cause of work and my subscription is still running.

1 Like

Have you tried, as Orlyia first sugfested

1 Like

My three day suspension ended yesterday but I’m still unable to login to the game. The launcher no longer has the locked icon indicating that I’m suspended but I get logged off when I try.

1 Like

Yes I have. I even tried resubmitting my log in information and putting in my autenticator. When I do that it shows the ban, then switches and says I was dced from server.

I am having the exact same problem. I got a 24 hour suspension, the suspension is up. And it got extended another 2 days, the lock is up, I even had a gm answer my ticket and he replied

“Keep in mind the suspension has already been served so the account is accessible again.”

Account is not accessible :frowning:

Could you give this another go, Kgsoloman?

1 Like

my ticket got answered and he went in and fixed it manually. So it is working but only because of what the guy who responded to my ticket did.

2 Likes

Good to know, thank you. This appears to have happened around the time of server craziness earlier this week.

1 Like

This is an extraordinarily bad forum to pick for trolling, Xanyunho. --Orlyia

Same issue here, got an E-mail saying it was a 24 hour suspension but then tried to log on and its added 2days, it lets me connect then tells me its locked for 2 more days but I never got an e-mail about this… I have a ticket open about my game not unlocking after the first 24 hours… tried to logging off and all that to no avail… . please help fix this issue

Your ticket has been answered, Bowfinger

2 Likes

Fixed! Thanks so much!

1 Like