It's not pandering, it's called art

Now how do I pose on my druid to make it look like my kitty form is puking a rainbow?

Pelagos threads dominated the front page for weeks.

Nope, nor is it now.

Nah, it’s not. I see that you’ve fully drunk the “anti woke agenda” kool-aid though so there’s no point in trying to get through to you.

I’m glad you’re quitting. Please stay gone.

3 Likes

I think people in general are just the foundation of sin.

Or rather, I think the foundation is sin is just somebody trying to tell us that basically anything fun is a sin.

There was a good amount of complaints about that quest + pelagos prior to Shadowlands coming out.

That just turned into “Oh god, EVERYTHING is bad”.

We’re also only like a week into Dragonflight. I’m pretty sure this topic will be forgotten about the moment something else shiny comes along for us to spam threads about.

and in 2 years it’ll seem like it was just a few people crying on the forums.

3 Likes

Well that certainly wasn’t condescending at all. You’re also taking valid points and twisting them to support your view point; way to have an intellectual conversation.

Finally, yes. Get rid of Corporal Maga. Any references to RL Political Messaging needs to go.

1 Like

What kind of storylines would you like to see in WoW? Many stories, even in fantasy, will have themes/content that reflects real life.

1 Like

Way to not address the conversation and evade.

You have a pretty big chip, and bias on your shoulder. Address it before moving on.

2 Likes

Same.

1 Like

You haven’t been paying attention at all. Take a look at Harley’s post history. They are just one of many in the past week.

2 Likes

I agree, remove paladins and priests.

LGBT people existing isn’t a political message.

It didn’t exist. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, DEI has been a sore spot in LOTS of media in this country. We’re only just now starting to right the boat.

And that’s an indefensible position. They should check their hate instead of trying to control the world. Because guess what, we’re only seeing this shift now because there’s enough people who care about it. The new generation is moving the needle.

They don’t have to support it. But they aren’t allowed to hate on it, either.

We’re lucky that LGBT inclusion isn’t related to some behind the scenes Easter egg anymore. There’s a couple, they happen to be LGBT. Does that drive the story in any way? No. They didn’t do LGBT specific things. It would have been written exactly the same. It’s not “in your face” because there’s an LGBT npc in a side quest.

“I can’t do that because of my religion” - fine, great. You’re right as an American.

“You can’t do that because of my religion” - wrong, evil, and rightfully mocked.

3 Likes

I’m starting to think I need a good, long break from the forums at this point… that, or at least to start getting in touch with the friends I’ve made along the way.

3 Likes

The people who disagree with me are easily binned as being evil, pigheaded, stubborn, malicious, and thats good, especially because it lets me “other” them, but in a good way.

When my opponents “other” people, its very bad. When i do it, its good, because they are bad.

When my opponents reduce my arguments down to cliche and easily ignorable bite sized memes, its bad because i am good.

When i do that to them, its good, because theyre bad.

5 Likes

Ah yes, the classic big brain both sides are bad.

One side wants people to stop being dicks to them for how they were born, the other wants to take their rights away.

Totally the same.

Any other enlightened centrist takes for us? Like the truth is in the middle?

3 Likes

Like i said. When i reduce the other sides arguments and points down to easily ignored, memeable points, its good.

Its only bad when THEY do it to ME.

Them treating me like im a cartoon villain is bad. Me doing it to them is good. Because i am good, and they are bad.

Hey you definitely open and intellectually honest person, who also definitely does not have an agenda and would definitely not have a problem if it was right wing messaging in game;

Every single franchise that has went “woke” has failed. Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Twitter etc etc. For ing political ideology on others has never worked out and it never will.

So yeah, I’ll grant your wish and stay gone. Blizzard is done getting my money and go ahead and celebrate that! But when you and your other little activist buddies look around and there’s no one left but you all, being the massive group that you obviously are, think about this moment and realize that I was right.

I’m done arguing with you and the rest of the Luddites here who think that the LGBT community is big enough to keep the servers going.

Enjoy your platform

3 Likes

Have the day you deserve.

1 Like

Again, the difference is I’m not “othering” them to take their rights away. I want them to chill.

Sorry you are unable to grasp that.

And you’re doing… what, here, exactly? Making intellectual and salient arguments?

Why are you acting like everyone is gonna leave wow except for the LGBT players? Sounds a little doomer to me.

The other side definitely, totally wants to take others rights away.

Theyre bad.