I have just confirmed with A GM that trading Retail Gold for Classic is allowed

I opened a ticket and asked a GM if it was allowed to trade Retail Gold for WoW Gold. The GM told me that it was ok. I have proceeded to unload all my Retail gold and Ive currently made close to 2k Gold so far.
I have a screenshot of the ticket. Not sure how to post it here.

But its NOT against the ToS! There is just no Shop option to do this on retail. So Trade me 200g meet me on my retail server for a WoW token and weve made the trade. Id post the GM Screenshot but im not sure how to on here.

4 Likes

just be aware the possibility of scamming since you are talking about 2 separate trades

17 Likes

If Im not scamming and doing it legitly i have nothing to fear.
This issue is your allowed to.

I’m not implying you are scamming, I am just stating that anyone thinning of jumping on the ‘retail for classic’ gold wagon should be careful,

anyone could easily take someones gold on one end of the transaction and then delete / mute the player and not bother with the second half.

12 Likes

Just add ` to the beginning and end of the SS

1 Like

I agree. Im just bringing awareness to this. People were nervous about WoW tokens when its just not advertised. If someones reading this and was debating on buying gold with real cash. Now has a way to do it that wont get their account banned

That’s outrageous!!! This whole game is ruined!!!

Is… is that what your looking for with this thread?

21 Likes

Not at all. Im just bringing awareness and if anyone was debating just buying gold. Theres a way that isnt against Blizzards rule to do it. Ive made 2k in just a couple days lol

2 Likes

Why would you even need a ticket for this? As long as no real money was exchanged Blizzard doesn’t care. They just want all real money to go to them and not to some 3rd party.

1 Like

If that were true, they’d sell tokens for classic. But they still don’t. Gold sellers are already ripping a fortune off classic. 100g is going for 64$.

2 Likes

It is true

How exactly did this trade transpire?

1 Like

I advertised that I would trade 200g for a months worth of gametime. Guildies open trade with me for 200g. You make a level 1 toon I trade you a WoW token

They won’t because of the no changes folks, Blizzard knows the minute they do it there will be people flipping tables everywhere. They’re biding their time for everyone to get so annoyed by the idiosyncrasies in the game that they demand changes, then tokens will be one of the new features.

3 Likes

Ok wait I’m missing something here,

My character needs gold on Classic and you’re saying we can trade gold FROM our retail account to the Classic toon somehow?

HOW

1 Like

Because the OP is smart and wanted to make sure they wouldn’t get in trouble for doing it.

4 Likes

No, like he responded, it is true.

With other people, trade retail gold to someone and they trade classic gold to you.

2 Likes

Thanks I will have to look into that

To be honest I wish it was against their terms of service. I don’t like the idea of people trading anything for a shortcut in game.

10 Likes