I don't get the appeal of Dragonriding

My friend has motion sickness, and she has ways around it. Learn tricks from her doctor and even has meds for it.

It sounds like real life skill issue on handling “motion sickness” as well.

old flying is never going away. itll work like it has since wod, but it is never going away

3 Likes

No, I just smell BS a mile away.

These are the first three I came to on the front page of the forums there are posts inside other topics related to this saying same thing remove regular flying.

3 Likes

owned /10char

2 Likes

Or blizzard can do something to help those so they don’t need to spend money on a doctor and meds. That’s why there is a thing called OPTIONS.

6 Likes

You haven’t tried the advanced versions yet have you? Even running as hard as I can, I’m usually several seconds away from gold.

Dudes got receipts! Owned is right. Lol

1 Like

Theres definitely people like that LOL, but im sure theres some that really just want legacy flying. On the simple notion that people always reject change, even if its better, and i have a hard time imagining it, but i guess some would like legacy flying better.

2 Likes

No, you are being an ahole is what you are and any bs you’re smelling is coming from you. You are speaking like an entitled ahole that wants to get rid of something that people prefer. You know, instead of letting it be an option instead.

10 Likes

Yea one of them spoke to me. I wasn’t claiming there wasn’t, as my original post asked “has there been?”.

No I am just being honest. People are just using “think of the disability” or “motion sickness” as a moral reason to keep legacy around. When in truth, a game does not have to cater to that at all if it does not want to do it.

If the majority is happy with the system, than losing the few who “can’t” do it is not a huge lost for the overall quality of the game for rest of us.

Don’t like that? That is life.

it’s none of our faults yall are disabled

1 Like

Sure, and every expansion since forever (including TBC), flight is something you get after you finish leveling. Before modern expansions, the amount of gold necessary to upgrade flying was punitive & most people didn’t have flight until long after reaching endgame & a hard grind for gold. In modern expansions, flight is given after the first content patch for completing an achievement.

They have never given flight to people on day one before DF. We have never had this much freedom of movement in a brand new map before. Not once. The complaints are utterly stupid.

The only people with a leg to stand on are those who physically suffer from vertigo/nausea or struggle with other impairments b/c of the camera shifting. I have sympathy for those folks, but it’s the reason I can’t play FPS games. The 1st person forced camera makes me ill. Since my late teens when FPS became a huge genre, I’ve been unable to play them, so I sympathize. Truly. I get it.

But for everyone else, the tears and lamentation are enough already.

1 Like

And it’s not our fault you are a terrible human being with no compassion or empathy.

8 Likes

How is having both methods available damaging to the overall quality of the game? Nobody is making you use regular flying for anything. If you like DR, keep using DR. If you have motion sickness problems or prefer farming mats on a regular mount, then they can use that.

5 Likes

Yes we do.

Blizzard even gave reasons why they don’t want to keep it.

You don’t have to be responsible for something to have empathy, ya ding dong.

6 Likes

One person gave a reason, not blizzard. Keep hopping on that excuse.

6 Likes

having to use both because of how overpower your swimming in the air system is. Would become annoying.

Also, it would hurt the market. Many crafting items require rep farming, and many things are needing dragon flying to get to. A huge chunk of rep comes from it in fact. Having your alts be able to easily get rep for recipes is another issue in itself.