[H-RP Monthly Event] The Horde Guild Expo

I don't know if anyone saw my post at the end of Mailang's thread so I'm starting a new one to try to get the attention of our awesome Horde community.

I'd like to host a monthly RP event in the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar for Horde characters to showcase their guilds, attract new members, and generally catch up on all the news. This event will take place once a month, from 9pm-10pm on the third Friday of each month (March 16, April 20, May 18 etc). I've chosen this day to try to avoid clashes with other events. The later time slot is to enable other events beforehand 7-9pm (and also because it suits me!)

Now, I have seen some pretty fancy stuff at the Alliance version, but let's start off simple. If you have designed a guild tabard, and can stand around in it, you have a guild booth! Two people would make it more eye-catching and you just add on from there.

What else is good to bring? A slogan of course! Just take it out of trade chat and put it into /say instead. Try to keep it in-character (IC) if you can. Next, a banner works great, as do pamphlets! Yes, you can create your own pamphlets just using the in-game mail letter boxes and two people, one to send, one to receive (and trade back).

Now, all this event needs is your participation! If you are a guild leader and would like to have a booth, please say! Or if you're a member and want your guild to take part, that's also worth noting.

I will also be approaching guilds about this event. Let's get some action going!
8 Likes
We would be interested in supporting this, though I am unsure of what to make of things as of late within the Horde community. Would this event hold affiliation with the Unified Horde movement, or adhere to its policies for involvement and inclusion?
No, it is separate to the Unified Horde. It is simply an invitation for any guild, big or small, to come along and advertise yourselves. There won't be any OOC or IC meetings, or even a Discord channel, though I may say "okay, you guys take this spot". There may be a welcoming speech at the start, but that's about it.

I want every guild to feel welcome to participate, regardless of their relationships with other guilds or organisations. If you're an outcast guild, or even a raiding guild, it's all good. Acceptance guaranteed!
03/07/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Flywheel
I want every guild to feel welcome to participate, regardless of their relationships with other guilds or organisations. If you're an outcast guild, or even a raiding guild, it's all good. Acceptance guaranteed!

Happy to hear it. It seems to me that inclusion and openness on the redder side of the fence is extremely important, at this point. We would be more than happy to support the event.
You got it, Larrendias! I'm sending you an in-game mail invitation right now.

On that note, I will be sending letters to as many GMs or representatives that I can find over the next few days. If you don't receive yours, please poke me!

Hope to see lots of guilds blazing their colors at our first event!
The Kor'kron Legion is certainly interested in supporting this both to show ourselves off but also to keep helping out the MG Horde.
That sounds great Vaknosh! We'd love to see the Kor'Kron Legion there.
I've been busy sending out invites to all the Horde guilds I can find. Now, I know this list is not exhaustive! I'm still looking. Please help things along by speaking up if your guild has not been listed yet.

(Note: This is just guilds I've invited. I imagine there will be some that decline the offer. )

POSTED
Tendael <Dominion of the Sun>
Sibellatrix <The Azerite Collective>
Suota <The Kor'kron Legion>
Ferathir <The Oathsworn Vigil>
Larrendias <First Light>
Ainsophfall <The Dusk Guard>
Zenjifal <Burning Hearts>
Beschattet <Bloodlines>
Stids <Continuum>
Yokumba <The Spear>
Taeana <The Stonewind Tribe>
Teosträ <Ai Akaan>
Dommius <The Knights of Brill>
Jimlok <Thunderroar Warband>
Boomsparkle <Badaboom Crew>
Abàddon <Bladebane Industries>
Banshih <Undercity Nexus>
Telchis <The Sunguard>
Xalodia <The Sunsworn>
Ugrunar <Frostmaw Clan>
Xulili <Stormblade Clan>
Sillsana <Work Bound Raiding>
Mcraptor <Raptor Pack>
Xandras <Ironsteele Assembly>
Gorzag <Remnants of Shadowmoon>
Lücii <Sunstride Myrmidons>
Minikaa <Twilight Falls>
Sulzallah <Army of Sul>
Jokaal <Shadowsteel Consortium>
Setsuna <Unitology>
Nitunia <Silvermoon Senate>
Raithioss <Darksun Coalition>
Thorrne <Forgotten Brethren>
Amalathea <Blackbriar Consortium>
Tyrinade <The Onyx Rose Order>
Telrìah <Embershield Protectorate>
Tokidoki <Adamant>
Zaylin <Shadowed Dawn>
Ralgore <Warforged>
Sassafras <Rivertotem Tribe>
Pangle <Twitcherberry Inc>
Nirato <Mistdancers>
Rogkan <Ashblood Clan>
Didina <Steelwolf Clan>
Aethiala <Catchphrase>
Dirtydunkins <Chaosbreaker Company>
Melari <The Darkwater Exchange>
Bethra <Clan Wanderhoof>
Zázzy <Voyage>
Gojìra <Legion of the Accursed>
Hellectra <Bone and Blood Society>
Lynerea <Phoenix Accord>
Morrgara <Morrgs Murderdolls>
Arabèsque <Azerothian Mercantile Co>
Lynneus <Casually Addicted>
Groshdaka <Blood Skulls>
Andrõs <Consilium de Virtute>
Ketrazul <The Eternal Vanguard>
Mogrok <Legion of Blades>
Lithwyn <Dawnhaven>
Tranzcended <Mystic Titans>
Throbzombie <Empire of Zul>
Synthetec <Knights of Oryx>
Vyntael <The Iron Bear>
Neön <Scarlet Storm Privateers>

EDIT: Updated postings.
1 Like
Invites have now all been sent out. Apologies to any guild I have missed. Let me know and I'll put one in the mail as soon as possible!
Thank you for the invite! I told my guild about this.
My pleasure! I look forward to seeing Dominion of the Sun at the expo.

I'll be sending out more invitations today.

So far, we have five guilds showing interest or confirmed:
- First Light
- Kor'Kron Legion
- Dominion of the Sun
- Stonewind Tribe
- Flashbang Exports

That's a great start! Hopefully we'll get some more over the next few days.
Only one week to go! Invitations are out!

Who else is coming along?

EDIT: <The Azerite Collective> have said yes! Woo :D
Only a few more days to go!

Do you have your props ready? Don't forget these great ways to display your guild emblems!

- guild tabards
- guild cloaks
- guild banners
Told my guild, and I should be there during the first half or so.

Should be a good time, we got good guild colors :^)
Sounds great Yokumba. <The Spear> shall be added to the list!
Add Stormblade to that list. I have a few guildies who are interested.
Thanks Xulili! Things are looking hot now! Here's the list so far:

- First Light
- Kor'Kron Legion
- Dominion of the Sun
- Stonewind Tribe
- Flashbang Exports
- Azerite Collective
- The Spear
- Stormblade Clan
- Undercity Nexus

Come along and see what great things the Horde has to offer!
The Horde guild expo event is tomorrow night! All guilds are welcome, even if you haven't had a chance to RSVP!

I will be doing a call out to the guilds I do know about in the welcome speech, so be prepared to hollar, fist pump, wolf whistle, or break into tribal dance when your guild name is announced!
This is on tonight. I'll be making lots of noise, so if you're in Orgrimmar at 9pm, come along and check it out in the Valley of Honor!
Looking forward to the event tonight, Flywheel. For our part, First Light will be giving away a handful of free carries for Horde Roleplayers to kill Heroic Argus to acquire the Ahead of the Curve achievement, a shot at free Heroic Argus loot, and a free Violet Spellwing mount.

These will be given away live during the event for event attendees who maintain RP characters on Moon Guard Horde.

For more details, check out the separate thread we've created here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761908029#1