New to MG, looking for rp guild or freinds

Hi, I’m a bit new to role playing on WoW, though I’m not new to role play, or to WoW. I was hoping to find a rp guild or even just some friends to role play with. I’ve read a lot of the books and I’d like to incorporate the lore and really stay true to the setting (rather than just screwing around). Id like to maybe do some heavy and possibly dark story line but its not necessary.

Also, does anyone have any advice on where to meet people in game? I’m a bit shy to talk to people first, is there a place I can just kind of look cute and people will be likely to make the first move?

lastly, I got some of that potion that lets you understand the other faction. Does it work with everything (emotes, whispers, etc) or is it limited to just saying things in the local chat?

3 Likes

Hello. Tonight there is an event Horde Side if you are still looking to meet people and find a guild.

Its in the Valley of Honor which is also a good place to find people to RP Horde side.

2 Likes

Good luck Horde friend!

1 Like

Welcome to the amazing world of WOW rp. We’re you able to make it to the guild expo?

1 Like

Howdy, howdy! You can never really guarantee other people making the first move (in fact, it’s kind of a running joke that most people serially don’t) but I can certainly throw you in the right place to do so!

Horde-side, you’re going to want to slip by the Wyvern’s Tail tavern in the Valley of Honor. In and around that area is where you’ll find a lot of the walk-up.
Alliance-side, the vast majority of Stormwind City is fair game depending on the time of day, but it’s really concentrated in the Mage District around the Blue Recluse and the Slaughtered Lamb.

For addons, you’ll probably find it useful to download TRP (Total Roleplay) or MRP (MyRolePlay) off of the Twitch client. This way, you can at-a-glance see who in your area actively participates in RP and you can get an easy read on their character. It’s the one addon type that I’d say is absolutely invaluable-- You don’t strictly need it, of course, but it’s highly recommended.

Also, to answer your question about the potions, that only translates /say to my knowledge. For everything else a fantastic-fantabulous-straight-up-amazing addon creator on this server cooked up Cross-RP. It’s a little more niche, but if you plan on participating in X-faction stuff (like, ToA which just passed) that’ll bridge the remaining gap via translating emotes and TRP/MRP profiles.

Have fun!

2 Likes

The RP potions work for custom emotes also. So if you type /e take a long drink from her mug, the other person will see it. They were working that way during the ToA. Made things a lot easier this year. No need for any addons.

2 Likes

I’m in a very similar boat as you, Reijah! I don’t play on horde side often, but the few times I have the Wyvern’s Tail and area around it is always hopping. Good luck in your search for a guild and/or friends!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, its really nice to meet you all. I’ll definitely check out the Wyvern’s tail. I did make the expo, but just at the very end and I didn’t have time to get over the shyness and say “hi” to anyone. I am looking into joining a guild I found on the forum that seems like a good fit for my semi-neutral but Horde loyal druid character. I already have mrp and will download cross rp too. Thank you all so much for the tips!

4 Likes