Looking to join an RP server

Posting here mainly because I don’t know where else to post this, and also because I feel fairly comfortable with you all here in this corner of the forums.

As the title says, I’m looking to join an active RP server, or at least one with an active guild that has a respectable name (both literal name & reputation). Must be Horde (its all I’ve played and playing Alliance just feels traitorous to my history in the game-- nothing against you Ally players). The weird catch it cannot be Wyrmrest Accord, because the name I want is taken on that realm & I’d rather not rename my own toon nor cause anyone else to rename theirs or redo the RP story they’ve established.

Finding a guild to join will be necessary for me because otherwise the silence in-between events, whatever they are, would be soul-crushing. Kudos to those who can play unguilded, you’re able to do something I can’t.

If this ends up being something I enjoy, I’ll probably end up moving characters off my “home” realm to join in on the fun.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer <3

1 Like

Moon Guard is a great place to poke your head in at. We have a few resources you can use for a high level overview, and we have a Guild Expo thats been getting a bit more traction over time:

There are a few other posts that we are working on getting repinned as well, however one thing that will help is a bit more info on what you are looking for in a guild as we have a variety between Horde Loyal and Neutral guilds out there. Is your character looking for something more Military? Or perhaps Trade/Goblin oriented? Horde loyal? Neutral? (Game restrictions are a pain for Neutrals but we make it work well.)

3 Likes

I’d check both the places Abbadon mentioned, but also check into our discord’s you’ll find several guilds hanging around that will be open to questions and the like

3 Likes

Thank you so much, you two! I’ll be looking over the links and going from there. This feels like a huge step for me, even after all these years in the game. Thanks for helping me get started!

I’d recommend Tears of Draenor on Earthen Ring, but the last thing they want is more elves.

For what it’s worth, with RP addons you can rename your character and it will appear in chat as such, as well as when other players with similar addons mouse over your character. You can give yourself a surname as well.