WrA or MG?

I’m currently on WrA (Alliance side) and have been noticing a lack of good RP around since I came back from a break from WoW a bit after BoD released. I’ve heard all the RP is over on the Horde for WrA but I’ve never been a fan of the Horde. I’ve also heard that MG is Alliance heavy but I’m worried it’s just all the ERPers that are tipping the balance to Alliance.

If you want just Alliance RP Moon Guard is great, but the good RP will always be within guilds regardless of server. I haven’t been on WrA since Legion or WoD, but I recall it still having a few of these tight-knit communities that facilitate good RP.

If you’re talking about random walk-up RP, Moon Guard does have more active Alliance players around Mage quarter, Park and Cathedral. I think the real key to greater RP is going to be finding a good guild or group of people who host consistent RP events and storylines.

It does seem like populations are waning in general compared to BFA release, but since I haven’t really dipped my toe into random RP since Wrath I can’t speak much on this.

Just keep war mode on, and you’ll never see the Goldshire menace anyhow.

1 Like

Create a trial character there and find out for yourself.

1 Like

I play Alliance and Horde on WRA and find good RP on both sides - but the balance does swing in favour of Horde overall.

I personally play Horde on WrA and Alliance on MG from a suggestion I saw a few years ago. It works out well enough for me. There’s RP aplenty for all of my toons.

WRA is definitely the spot for Horde RP. MG Horde has been long suffering from too many self inflicted wounds that no one wants to acknowledge, let alone fix.

For Alliance you can’t go wrong with either server. WRA has a smaller population but still plenty of RPers. The ERP in MG is mostly confined to Goldshire. You will on occasion run into ‘MG=ERP’ prejudice from people on other servers, however.

1 Like

I’m afraid you are misinformed, Cullough. The time for MG Horde bashing is over, and we’ve had enough of comments like this. Here are a few examples of people actually working hard to improve a less populated faction:

Please check your facts. They are out of date.

4 Likes

What does this even mean?

3 Likes

MG Horde is very active. Every week there are server events and there are a lot of great Guilds to choose from.

3 Likes

I cannot say myself what it is like on WRA. However I do enjoy the variety of mini events on MG Horde side. I cannot attend them all since I host some small cross faction RP events myself (Join up my group to check them out! ~https://discord.gg/cvvNzdN )! I would say your best bet is making a low lvl alt to test the waters. On any server there are niche groups and often RP is with guilds. If you actively walk-up to people in RP then you don’t need to fret about guilds too much.

1 Like

I know you asked about MG and WRA, but… I’m going to give a shout-out to my own RP server–Cenarion Circle (Sisters of Elune). They are much smaller than WRA and MG, but they do have good RP on Alliance-side, and are the oldest RP server out there. There’s a mercenaries guild, a Stormwind Watch (police) guild, and a bards guild that are very active that I can personally attest to. You can sometimes find walk-up RP in the Blue Recluse in Stormwind, and we have a social event almost every night of the week at various taverns and clinics across the game world.

1 Like

Glad to hear that it’s still going! Hopefully it continues to grow again! WRA and MG seem to have the monopoly on regular RP these days - even Emerald Dream is in decline.