[H-RP Monthly Event] The Horde Guild Expo

>New guild, practically the only member
>No banners, one mount, one tabard
>Only got an hour to convince as many people as I need to start something small, yet decent

'ERE WE GO

(Honestly I'm shocked I'm a part of this, but I'm not going to let this opportunity go to waste.)
Sounds great Jokaal! Nothing like being thrown in the deep end. I remember those early days of Flashbang, they were scary and uncertain!

I'm sure the expo will be a great help to you. I'll add you to my shout out list so people know that you're there :D
03/16/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Larrendias
Looking forward to the event tonight, Flywheel. For our part, First Light will be giving away a handful of free carries for Horde Roleplayers to kill Heroic Argus to acquire the Ahead of the Curve achievement, a shot at free Heroic Argus loot, and a free Violet Spellwing mount.

These will be given away live during the event for event attendees who maintain RP characters on Moon Guard Horde.

For more details, check out the separate thread we've created here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761908029#1

Alright! Wow, go First Light! This can only do great things for MG Horde.

Thanks for the great promotion and support for this new event <3
I saw this and maybe not this month, but definately next month for Blackbriar. Real life kinda got in the way.
Thank you. I really enjoyed listening and watching. I will continue lurking with my low level until I get up there. I have a Troll on server and am not a heavy RPer but love being around it and would love city/area battles with the alliance. I still love PVE, some PVP and trying to learn legion since I came back. Also, (no offense I hope) I don't trust our high elves but I can work with them. I 've been gone since the end of BC. See you out there and again, thank you. The goblins I was next too were having a lot of fun but you are not the better race. That be those wit dem tusks.
Wow, MASSIVE turn out! Go Moon Guard Horde!!

I love that people used this opportunity to find a new guild. It really gives people the right impression we want to make.

I'll post some screenshots when I'm done partying!
Grats to those who received Heroic Argus kills this evening! We took three winners through and will be looking forward to doing similar promotions in the near future. Thank you, Flywheel, for organizing this.
03/16/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Voo
The goblins I was next too were having a lot of fun but you are not the better race.

Ya can think what ya like, but when there is a party to be had, I promise we'll be there! (Okay, maybe not promise. That'll cost ya extra.)
03/16/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Larrendias
Grats to those who received Heroic Argus kills this evening! We took three winners through and will be looking forward to doing similar promotions in the near future. Thank you, Flywheel, for organizing this.

So happy your fantastic ideas worked out! It was my pleasure. I feel like the Horde is on fire tonight!
We filled up most of the Valley of Honor! This was the expo in full swing. The Horde is full of activity, if anyone is thinking of coming over!

Imagine these two photos are kind of a panoramic view.

https://i.imgur.com/GIyumCX.png

https://i.imgur.com/WmBWSlT.png
It was a pretty awesome turn out last night. Pretty cool to see Moon Guard's Horde RP community gather up like that. We had fun with the visitors that came to check out The Kor'kron Legion. Especially, the Nightborn. Also, we got a few people generally interested in joining the guild. Well done everyone!
03/16/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Flywheel
03/16/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Voo
The goblins I was next too were having a lot of fun but you are not the better race.

Ya can think what ya like, but when there is a party to be had, I promise we'll be there! (Okay, maybe not promise. That'll cost ya extra.)

Loved the Gobbies. So fun and active. Can't believe the demon hunter came. He didn't last long but very brave for Alliance.
Thanks Voo and Githnji!

Does anyone have any feedback or comments about how to improve the event for next month?

Is it worth me doing a speech, or should I just shut up?

Do you want more entertainment or structured presentations?

How was the venue and the time slot?

Should I keep sending out in-game mail invites?

Do you have any tips for other guilds at the event who are coming for the first time?
Don't forget this is coming up again on Friday April 20 at 9pm server time!

It's a few weeks away, but not too early to think about what could be improved on from last time.

If you're in Horde guild, but didn't make it, mark it in your calendar!

Could you pick a better spot to claim as your own?

Do you need more props with your guild emblem on it?

What will you say to advertise yourselves?

Do you want to give away any prizes?

We had a fantastic turn out last month. Let's do it again, and really show people the great guilds that Moon Guard Horde has to offer. I'll be sending out in-game mail invites again about 10 days before the event. Let me know if you wish to be taken off the mailing list (earlier in this thread), or if I'm sending to the wrong character.

Cheers,
Flywheel
Just making sure folks don't forget about this!

The expo is a really great chance to mingle and meet people you wouldn't normally hang out with. Think of it as a networking opportunity.
The Collective will be there!
Save the date! Friday April 20, 9pm (though people may start setting up earlier).

I've sent out an in-game calendar invite this time around, rather than letters.

All the GMs in the list earlier in the thread should have received an invite. If you are not listed, or were missed out, please tell me and I will update.

The only people I trouble with were <Silvermoon Senate> Does anyone know a good contact person for these guys?
One and a half weeks to go! I've updated the invite list for new guilds.

Please tell me if you're not on the list on page 1!
The Horde Guild Expo is on again next Friday! I put out an in-game calendar invite, but only about 1/4 have responded. Thank you to these people!

I'll be sending an in-game mail out again, to those who have not responded, just to make sure that they know it is on.

Remember it will always be the 3rd Friday of every month at 9pm server!
The last one was hugely popular; people were setting up an hour and a half early and there were tons of folks!

I'm super excited for the next one.