#Free The Nose - Darkspear Troll Heritage Is Abysmal - All Feedback Ignored

Blizzard Employees if you read this please spread the word to someone who can advocate for change, please. This is unprecedented. Blizz you guys have been getting feedback since this set was datamined on WoWhead. (I’ve linked SEVERAL posts below, this isn’t even all of them.) As a first time poster I was shocked enough by it to speak up.

This set clearly wasn’t made to fit Trolls and neither were the two tiny extra WoD masks you guys added. The Belt and Mask with their obvious clipping issues are a testament to that, the Bloodhunter Belt is a belt that has been fitted to Trolls, this Belt was not. PLEASE FIX THIS SET GUYS, I know you guys had a lot on your plate with 10.2.7 and ReMop but this is all wrong.

The Mask is an obvious pain point, why does the fabric go upward when Troll noses go down? Why was the nose covered at all when that isn’t how they’re worn? The Back Piece is too short has no skulls, no little masks, not enough straps the objective here should have been clear considering the Troll players have been requesting pieces like these for over a decade now, it also doesn’t negate shields like it should and makes shield wearing classes like shaman look ridiculous this needs fixing.

With such a small chance that new Troll sets will be added anytime soon this was the moment we’d all been waiting for, the priorities should have been a Cloth Mask that looks how they’re supposed to, a Rush’kah of epic proportions like we’ve all been waiting for for so long, a tall and imposing back piece with skulls and little or large masks like the original concepts (like we’ve been asking for for over a decade.) the Icon of Shadows is cool but you guys stripped it of all it’s accoutrements and it would have made a better shield. The Trollish Warglaive we’ve been begging for for decades should have been the fanservice we were all waiting for. Some Voodoo paraphernalia, and little tiki masks of plenty all over the set. Those boots and gloves aren’t even passable. How could you miss the mark by so much?

This should have been the best set yet, especially with all the time you guys had to work on it and how long we’ve waited, please, please make this right. Don’t let this another Worgen style fiasco, this set wasn’t even made on a Troll model it’s obvious, and if it was it’s even more sad. Please take the time to fix this properly.

Below is just some of the feedback you’ve been ignoring, please reconsider just passing this off as a loss, you guys have the resources to fix this. #Free The Nose!

Apparently I can only link 2 posts so the rest will be in the comments below.

26 Likes

You asked me to link them so here you go.

Thank you for standing with us! The set really is shamefully bad, worst part it is probably did get the back burner because of all the new content they’re working on. I seriously hope they fix it because as it is right now it’s just embarrassingly bad.

11 Likes

The WoD masks definitely took me by surprise.

6 Likes

One of the few times the art team was the one who dropped the ball

9 Likes

All feedback ignored

First time “petitioning” for something on the forums huh?

2 Likes

4 Likes

They’re laughably small and basically useless!

HERE ARE MORE LINKS TO THE FEEDBACK YOU’VE BEEN IGNORING BECAUSE I CAN ONLY POST 2 AT A TIME APPARENTLY (MORE TO COME)

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, the set is bad and they should feel bad. This thing is in dire needs of repairs.

6 Likes

HERE’S 2 MORE LINKS TO FEEDBACK BLIZZ HAS BEEN IGNORING BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON I CAN ONYL POST 2 AT A TIME, MORE TO COME

1 Like

I’m sure it’s really unfortunate, but I gotta warn you, you’re shouting into the void on this one. They’re not going to go back and fix things. They might give Trolls some consolation prizes, but they are not going to fix this set.

The Worgen set has been in the game since 2019. 5 years and they have not fixed it, just gave a transmog in 2024 to make up for it that uses the same weirdly valued colors. If Trolls are lucky, they won’t have to wait that long for a consolation prize.

But if anything, I’d be mad if they fixed the Troll set and left the Worgen one as is.

3 Likes

HERE’S 2 MORE LINKS TO FEEDBACK BLIZZ HAS BEEN IGNORING BECAUSE FOR SOMEREASON I CAN ONLY POST 2 AT A TIME…UGH

2 Likes

Blizzard knows best. I think they’re even more committed than ever to keep elephant Trolls in the game with all the backlash the heritage mask has gotten.

It’s just not in their system to acknowledge they have it wrong.

2 Likes

Honestly the “We’re soooo busy” excuse, doesn’t go far with me. If you’re so busy then put it off until you’re not working on a patch and a whole new game event. Nobody was forcing them to rush through a half baked clearly unfinished set.

4 Likes

HERE’S 1 MORE LINK TO FEEDBACK BLIZZ HAS BEEN IGNORING (That should have made it into my main post…)

3 Likes

This is never true. They’re always working on “what’s next”.
Which is sadly why “what’s current” is never really perfected.

Yeah honestly I have almost 0 hope that they’ll respect player feedback and fix the set, it’s sad that our expectations have been pushed so low, for what the game costs they really could do better.

Hey since your comment is first would you consider linking all the posts I linked throughout the comments?

4 Likes

Absolutely in a little bit.

1 Like

WHY HAVE I BEEN SUMMONED?!

Oh… that. Yw :smiley:

2 Likes

What would you consider a proper offer for summoning you??

The only feedback they listen to is when it’s related to the homogenization of faction, race, or class identity. If you demand for velf paladins to exist with no explanations, they’re more likely to do it.

Fixing Troll heritage(related to the identity of the race) well we just can’t acknowledge that, it doesn’t relate to any particular homogenization agenda.

5 Likes