Drakonid Megathread! Let's do this!

So an interview hinted at the slim possibility of Drakonid as an Allied Race. Sentenza posted it earlier. What I want to do with this thread is talk about the options we’ve seen and options we’d want.

What classes?

• Warrior
  • Rogue
  • Hunter
  • Priest
  • Mage
  • Shaman
  • Warlock

What body types?

• Bulky
  • Slightly less bulky

Draenei depictions for an idea:

What customizations?

• Still awaiting replies for this one

I’m going to leave those three open so that as people post, I can edit in the options and we can start making a list.

Have some artwork of design ideas? Post 'em!

Here’s the article Sentenza provided for us:

28 Likes

Draconian Death Knights lets go!!!

11 Likes

Now we’re talking. LET’S GO Blizz!

First and foremost, they have got to be warriors. They are always standing guard and they always have melee weapons. I personally can’t see them as ranged magic users though. Maybe hunter, rogue, monk and if Drakonids can be raised DK’s. Anything with magic I don’t think should be a thing so no mage, warlock, priest, paladin, shaman or druid.

But if Blizz is making every race every class it could happen. And now that I think about it, every class can be mage and priest so I guess they can be those too as of right now that is. I would LOVE a druid Drakonid. LOVE me my druids but don’t like the Horde races that allowed to be them right now.

+1 Playable Drakonids.

3 Likes

Interestingly, there’s already this precedent:

3 Likes

Hello, I see you posted a thread about a superior race option. I would like to throw my hat into the ring for this new, better race, haha! I do not like the current, weird dragon people we have and would prefer a much better option to use!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

8 Likes

Wow, never knew about that one. O.K., ever class is now open for Dakonid business. Very nice post.

+1 All classes, especially druid, for Drakonids.

1 Like

I know there are those among us who prefer breasts on a reptile.

What if instead…

Body type 1 was bipedal

and

Body type 2 was quadrupedal

12 Likes

Gimme some thicc mommy drakonids. I’ll be so happy.

3 Likes

I don’t see them adding Dragonkin as playable. The four legs get problematic for player character gameplay.

4 Likes

I think their body types should stick to mainly bulky forms. I know there are players out there that want everything pretty, but I don’t think that is these guys/gals.

Speaking of gals, the females will have to be a little swole also. Maybe a couple different body types but I don’t think they should be too slender since I’ve only seen, and I picture them mainly like fitness/bodybuilder warrior types.

Of course, with them also apparently able to use magic they could allow for a slenderer build since magic users don’t need nor probably want the bulk warriors and such want.

1 Like

I think they should have access to Mage for the blue dragonflight, Druid for the green dragonflight, and Shaman for the black dragonflight. There’s also Warrior, Death Knight, and Hunter.

I don’t know if Monks would be a thing. They seem big for Rogues, but if Blizzard is following the path of all races having Rogue, Hunter and Priest then I guess they should have those as well.

2 Likes

I know. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I was just hoping for a gateway to possibly see Dryads and a Cenarius like playable model.

2 Likes

I feel like we’ve seen Drakonid Assassins before so Rogue could fit.

3 Likes

I was so upset when after spending all that time making my Dracthyr I come out of the cave and see Atrenosh Hailstone and was like “How come I can’t make him?”. That is the dragon body/type I wanted and now I’m stuck as string bean Drac.

And if they allow the four legs then Centaur are now on the table as possible playable. I’ve actually wondered why they were never included but as mentioned above it would be problematic not to mention the trouble of trying to mount with four legs, lol.

3 Likes

This is the way.

9 Likes

This is the way.

Naming mine Grogu, lol.

2 Likes

I want a Hunter. I don’t care what else they get :stuck_out_tongue:

But! Blizzard did say Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Priests and Mages will be the classes all races have so that’s a start.

1 Like

There are female Drakonid in Hearthstone.

But females aren’t represented as such in this game. Which is fine by me. But I wouldn’t mind two body types: one slightly thinner and then the bulky. Kind of like what people proposed for male Draenei:

3 Likes

They ruined Dryads horribly. I don’t want to see those things ever again. :face_vomiting:

I haven’t looked in on Hearthstone in a long time. I like that Hearthstone Drakonid body type, but the Draenei could be two others included with that one.

EDIT: Hearthstone Drakonid looks dope. Yeah, I’m old. Deal with it, lol.