Tuskarr as AR

Tuskarr , Centaur, Gnoll (the frostbite npc was amazing to see) and that bear …race.

they all should be AR.

I could get behind this. Perhaps a quest line for both Horde and Alliance in which the Alliance unlocks the Tuskarr and the Horde unlocks a playable Gnoll tribe unaffected by what is currently happening with the Gnolls on the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

The Horde truly deserves an Alliance-treatment by giving us only a recolor of Goblins or Gnomes.

People don’t understand how unfair Mechagnomes were compared to the Vulpera and it’s time we even out the problem. Has everyone already forgotten that the Void Elves got flesh colors because of the absolute negative backlash Mechagnomes caused?

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I follow regarding requesting a recolor for a race the Horde already has available to them. Additionally, you’ll have to school me on the backlash that the Mechagnomes caused.

Dog boys for horde tuskarr for ally I want a kung fu hyena

2 Likes

The Mechagnomes were datamined during BfA and the Brewfestival changes, which revealed that Vulpera and Mechagnomes are the next AR. People were absolutely upset about this, because it was clear that the Alliance gets another cheaply made race while we got every request done (Mag’har Orc with straight backs, even for the Orgrimmar Orcs), Zandalari Trolls and Vulpera. The Vulpera are just skinned Goblins but they look so unique and likable, it didn’t matter for 90% of the players.

The Alliance simply got Dark Iron Dwarves (the only good race), the requested Kul Tiran which would have easily fit the human model and Mechagnomes, something nobody has asked for. The backlash was massive and nobody wants to play these gnomes even with busted racials. This might change now in DF but if it does not, then it’s the absolute confirmation how much of a failure this race actually is.

After their release and several posts that people in Stormwind spit on the players for playing the race, Blizzard simply released regular skin colors for the Void Elves because this race was a massive failure and spit in the face. The context about this is simply: Blizzard teases High Elves for the Alliances for decades and releases an absolute laughable off-story race with a plot spanning 10mins and canonically 20 Void Elves at maximum while it is clear that the Alliance has actual High Elves available. The backlash went on for five years until fully playable High Elves were playable, which overshadow now the Void Elves massively, with requests going on for removing the racial and establishing the High Elf race title.

Basically:

• Void Elves - not what the majority wanted, Blizzard forced this on your faction and had to go back after five years of massive backlash
  • LFD - the only race which makes somewhat sense, story-wise during Legion
  • Dark Iron Dwarves - a legacy race from Cataclysm, it deserves its spot
  • Kul Tiran - were requested but in hindsight their reputation got destroyed for being too fat, too big and not the thin model available to them - and the players had to campaign for the Mage-class which was not available even if Jaina can use it
  • Mechagnomes - Destroyed the last good will and where the reason why the Void Elves got their regular skin colors as some kind of “break in an emergency”-glass option for Ion Hazzikostas’ team.

On the other hand:

• HM Tauren - Rich lore, complete zone, became somewhat likable with the 9.1.5 update
  • Nightborne - Were extremely contested by both faction players, went to the Horde and it took them two years to fix the race somewhat
  • Mag’har Orcs - Highly requested and came with an update for the original Orcs and three Heritage Armor sets, Horde-bias prevailed
  • Zandalari Trolls - Highly requested since MoP, Horde-bias prevailed
  • Vulpera - Highly requested since the BfA-release, Horde-bias prevailed
3 Likes

I was never interested in Tuskarr as an AR. While I had no problem with the occasional request that Tuskarr be an AR, I mostly saw it as a meme.

My view did a full 180 after doing the Iskaara Tuskarr quests and events in the Azure Span. I’m so completely sold on their culture and personalities, that now all I want from this expansion is to be able to play as a sea-lovin’, otter-ridin’, mustache-havin’ walrus man. The second Tuskarr shaman become available, it’ll be my new main for awhile.

And if they did happen to get druids, I think there’s potential for some really cool forms. This expansion even added some incredible looking saber-tooth tiger models in several areas, and I can’t think of a more fitting cat form for an arctic-themed race than a vicious saber-tooth tiger. Add in the new polar bear and mammoth models, and I think they really have a good base of beasts to pull from.

5 Likes

If they do -which I support, 'cause I like them and they are unique looking- they had damn well better be both factions like panda.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely against this, for the simple reason because I saw how ugly people were to the Alliance-players and reveled in their misery. The Horde dominates the whole game, the developers have a Horde-bias and they acted upon the issues only after everything was shattered.

It’s one thing to be fan of a faction but if it makes the game break and people leave, then there is no excuse for what Blizzard did on purpose.

1 Like

Technically so are the Stormwind Humans hahah

So Horde get Tuskarr and Alliance get Vrykul?
Or the other way around perhaps?

I see alot more people with Norse names on Alliance so it may just work out better to have it the other way despite their color schemes.

Correct.
Its likely that one Arcane Arena thing.
Theres 2 FFA PvP spots in that zone.

I’m not super into wanting to play a tuskarr, but I’d be glad to see them added.

1 Like

I will die on this hill: WE HAVE HIGH ELVES

They were Horde-exclusive but now the Alliance has them, thankfully. Was a stupid community-war fostered by the developers anyway.

The small one with green eyes on the mudholes of the horde or the blue ones with teantacles and void pets?

Any link to this and where they said it would be? Not trying to sass or anything cause even tho I want Tuskarr I would be happy with draknoids!

There’s a link in this thread that I made that talks about it:

1 Like

Tuskarr and Draconid, don’t make me choose, I want both!

Thank you! I’ll check it out and support ur endeavors. A new race is much needed since evokers are just a really restrictive hero class.

1 Like