No New Allied Races in Dragonflight CONFIRMED!

Funny you bring this up, because I was considering making a KT last night…and I kept trying to change to different pages that didn’t exist on the creation page lol

Like when you go through Dracthyr there’s 5 or 6 pages of custom options, I think. Then there’s Mechagnome and KT with maybe 20 choices.

I think allied races is an easy win for blizz, so missed opportunity they aren’t doing more of it.

1 Like

they need to add tuskars

On this, we agree. But on its face… no plans.

i’d like to see more allied races…even if they’re stand alone class/race specs like evokers upon their release. this seems like it’s easier to balance and introduce compared to a class with 3 or for specs attached to it

they could always add more to them over time…but we’re behind on some of the races available to play in the game…like ogres dryad/centaur/cenarion, maybe even naga by now.

visage forms can def make this possible with some of the ideas floating around the community (as in humanoid forms for the snake or deer peoples) :100:

Thats fine. If they do add some of these as allied races then we can get them later

Dont really need allied races atm when we just got a new mainline race

1 Like

Not really surprised. Allied races expanded the character selection quite a bit and many of them are hardly played. Blizz would be better spending time and resources elsewhere.

I can guarantee you they’re seeing more playtime than literally any other piece of content added to the game excluding what is immediately relevant in the current patch.

And now they’re thinking of using it for Drakonid.

Incorrect. Read the interview in here.

Not from what I’ve seen in game. Horde is still mostly Orcs and Blood elves. Occasionally I’ll see a Highmountain Tauren and Zandalri Torll, but more often then not it’s still regular Taurens and trolls. On Alliance side I do see a lot of void elves, but that wasn’t until after the recent change that allowed them to look more like high elves. Dark Iron Dwarves I’ll give you but Kul Tirans? Nope. Very rare. Lightforge Dranie? About as much as I see regular Draniei, which is almost never. Same goes for mechanomes. So unless you can come up with a data chart from most played races in Df, I’ll stick with what my eye test tells me. That and the fact it clearly isn’t a high priority for Blizzard. Nor should it be. We had the Allied Race Expansion already and there is plenty of options on the character creation screen.

Does this really comes as a surprise to you? Orcs are broken due the racials and Blood Elves are for the majority of players, which should have been Alliance all along.

The Horde is sustained through the Blood Elves. Thankfully the factions become meaningless and the moment you have true cross-factions and hub cities, the game will become less about systems but more about fun.

Neither of these two arguments have ever held water with me

1.) A slight chance to avert a stun and small increase to pet damage is hardly a broken racial. Humans get an increase in all stats. can break out of stuns and a rep boost. And on horde side forsaken can break fear,charm and sleep, which is far more valuable in PVP
2.) The events of WC3 clearly showed alliance prejudice to blood elves. They literally tried to wipe them out. The only arguments I hear against this is “blood elves pretty and all pretty should be alliance” which is the same load of crock I heard for vulpera. Lore matters, not looks.

Read the date this was posted.

I know when it was posted. Which is why my comment said:

Compare that to Warfronts or Horrific Visions. Any Allied Race, which took less effort than those features, is seeing infinitely more playtime.

We just literally got a new race and class. I’d expect nothing else this expansion.

If I had any hope, it’s that Drakthyr get more class options and maybe different racial visage forms as time goes on.

bring back the murlocs and naga

The racials are the reason why Orcs are beloved in the PVP. Aren’t there several charts showing them being the dominant race on the Horde-side?

I don’t recall them wiping out, the main focus point is one single NPC who despised them. But given that 20 Void Elves makes a whole playable race, the 200-1000 High Elves should also have been much earlier playable for the Alliance.

you would want a murloc right