Update – 5:20 p.m. PST February 5
We have been reading your thoughts on the Corruption changes and have decided to hold them for regional restarts next week. We understand the impact they will make on your gear selection and agree that it makes more sense to do it at the start of a week.
Also during regional restarts, we plan to make some tuning changes to Mythic N’Zoth to better align the encounter with the changes that are being made to players’ Corrupted items.
Thank you all for your feedback on this.
Update – 11:30 a.m. PST February 5
Soon today, we’re going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:
- Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
- Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
- Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
- Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
- Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.
Original post – February 4
We’d like to give everyone a heads up that we’re working on tuning adjustments to several Corruption Effects. While we don’t have exact amounts just yet, we have some certainty that in the next 24 hours, we will:
- Reduce the effectiveness of Echoing Void significantly.
- Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
- Increase the duration of Deadly Momentum, so that its buff doesn’t fall off.
At this time, we’re also considering:
- Reducing the damage done by Twilight Devastation.
- Increasing the effectiveness of other Corruption Effects.
Again, we intend to complete these changes in the next 24 hours, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re set on final tuning numbers.