Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Blizzard Balancing

Throw one big pile of rocks on the left scale, while leaving the right scale empty…

14 Likes

this is b a d

19 Likes

How about let vengeance demon hunters get OTHER corrupted effects that OTHER tanks have access to.

The reason echoing void is so good is because you fools let everyone and their mom get it besides just tanks.

Vengeance gets no unique corruption like blood death knights, bears, warriors, and paladins.

9 Likes

Oh noes…even the zeus has gone negative.

I must say something positive to balance out the force. I love the dinos in BFA!

4 Likes

Not to mention its only used by really 1 spec as a tank and its a blood dk.

I guess this shows to never cleanse your corrupted gear.
e.g. The worst corruption effect might become pretty strong next week.

RIP bag space.

17 Likes

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Corruption that increasing the drop rate by 500% wouldn’t fix.

12 Likes

Well there is always shadowlands to look forward to!

5 Likes

You know people have been cleansing these effects you are buffing in favor of the ones you are now nerfing.

Maybe there is an item restore process on this?

I did about 8 weapon emissaries today and 3 of them had corruption on them. I would say that is more than enough considering some people have absolutely no desire to see corruption on their items and have to vendor them or leave them sitting in their bags.

14 Likes

Thanks Kaivax.

I just wish these changes came sooner before or near launch. You are going to have a lot of disappointed people.

8 Likes

They will find a way to mess that up

2 Likes

Infinite Stars is toll OP as hell.

There is plenty of time till shadowlands. People said they were okay with Blizz experimenting with the last patch.

Are people having a change of heart all of sudden? Sometimes be careful for what you wish for I say.

3 Likes

This would have been nice to know prior to me getting echoing void, working out how I need to work around it as a caster and what corruption changes I need to make and cleansing that needs to be done to compensate for it… :frowning:

Also where are the infinite stars changes? Isn’t that still stupidly strong with high corruption tiers?

Realistically though certain specs should not be getting corruption that is not for their role, echoing void might be OP for melee but for casters it’s a pain in the rear, ontop of that you aren’t really going to get the full benefit of the AoE component.
Things like “increased vers when taking damage” is clearly targetted at tanks as well. Getting it on other roles is just a kick in the teeth.

5 Likes

If you keep nerfing the good ones and ignoring the garbage ones, all you’ll do is make people not run corruption. I have a weapon with rank 3 echoing and if you “significantly” nerf just the effect, but not the corruption it gives, ill just cleanse it. Im not gonna put up with that stupid eyeball and the slow for 0.50% of my hp.

29 Likes

If your going to keep nerfing it, soon they wont be worth wearing the negative effects are far to powerful

11 Likes

ugh I finally got echoing void II on my weapon and now it’s going to get nerfed significantily…sigh

16 Likes

I have to agree that there has to be rebalancing for high corruption but I think that would be too difficult to do right now at this point.

So buffing the underwhelming ones would be the easiest way to approach this.

3 Likes

i cant wait for beta for shadowlands

2 Likes

It would be nice if there was some sort of PTR where patch features could be tested and adjusted accordingly prior to a major patch release…

15 Likes