Cleansed Corrupted Gear w/ Dev response

I feel like this needs to be done a little better. I far from mad but we have to get a system in place to deal with gear right now.

For some, you have got your corrupted items and thats that. For others, we have gotten a few things and rid our item of corruption. No big deal. Except that the dev team is not being very clear about things.

So I cleans a few items that didnt look like they were going to get hit and then this one shows up:

On an item I had just removed this corruption on. To then:

Its a mess. Its impossible to have the bag space for everything or even the bank space. And I understand that removing the corruption is a choice that once its made its final. But this system is in place instead of titanforging. It like like I can untitanforge an item.

And final why? If we look at Azerite gear…we can scrap that as much as we want. And then if there is a nerf or a buff or whatever…item restoration will bring that guy right back. Oh, disenchanted a ring for off spec you didnt mean to? Item restoration. Oh did you just do the item restoration on another item? No worries, just wait 15 days and you can do it again.

But corrupted gear…thats final. End of discussion. It sounds more like the devs dont have a system in place to revert corruption like they do for the items we scrap. And I dont mind if thats the case, just be honest.

Kieulas
Hey there! Game Master Kieulas here!

I’ve read your ticket about cleansing some corruption!

Cleansing is intended to be a permanent choice - even if it’s done by mistake. There won’t be an option to re-corrupt your item. You’ll need to use the Cleansed version as best you can and farm up new Corrupted items to replace it.

This also covers items that have been buffed since you cleansed them. The only way for these items to be re-corrupted is for our Dev crew to reapply that corruption to that item for -all- characters. At the moment, they’ve decided that won’t be done - so, you’ll need to use the cleansed version to farm up a new Corrupted version.

Then you guys need to start making that corrupted gear drop left and right. Let me be so overwhelmed by gear that im begging you to let me get rid of the corruption. Idk, just feels sloppy right now. Especially since so many people are still on progression.

1 Like