Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Update – 5:20 p.m. PST February 5

We have been reading your thoughts on the Corruption changes and have decided to hold them for regional restarts next week. We understand the impact they will make on your gear selection and agree that it makes more sense to do it at the start of a week.

Also during regional restarts, we plan to make some tuning changes to Mythic N’Zoth to better align the encounter with the changes that are being made to players’ Corrupted items.

Thank you all for your feedback on this.

Update – 11:30 a.m. PST February 5

Soon today, we’re going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:

• Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
    • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
  • Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
  • Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
  • Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.

Original post – February 4
We’d like to give everyone a heads up that we’re working on tuning adjustments to several Corruption Effects. While we don’t have exact amounts just yet, we have some certainty that in the next 24 hours, we will:

• Reduce the effectiveness of Echoing Void significantly.
  • Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
  • Increase the duration of Deadly Momentum, so that its buff doesn’t fall off.

At this time, we’re also considering:

• Reducing the damage done by Twilight Devastation.
  • Increasing the effectiveness of other Corruption Effects.

Again, we intend to complete these changes in the next 24 hours, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re set on final tuning numbers.

Thank you!

31 Likes

Statement: thank you for the ahead of time update! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

If you keep nerfing your own system you might as well just throw it out the window!

229 Likes

imagine only nerfing good things and buffing the bad things to be up to par with the good thing but AFTER the nerf it got…

18 Likes

Thank you for the update.

However, please keep in mind that players do not like it when the BiS gear they just spent time gathering turns into trash. This was a significant issue during early BFA when top Azerite traits received nerfs that made them bottom of the barrel.

This forced players to discard that gear and gather replacement gear. It got so bad for a time the rapidly changing rules made it feel more like the game was playing the player than the other way around.

Nerfing overpowered corruptions is fine. But I strongly suggest keeping the nerfs in-line so that the actual rank order in sims of the different gear doesn’t change.

134 Likes

Will there also be a reduction in Corruption on these nerfed items? If you keep nerfing these things, eventually people are going to look at that +60-75 Corruption and feel like it isn’t even worth it.

84 Likes

blizz listened to me <3

3 Likes

This system is so bad its getting beyond stupid

96 Likes

I mean, Twilight Devastation is one of the worst single target corruptions. It’s good on multi-target obviously, but shouldn’t it be? It’s only kind of stupid for tanks, IMO.

The rest of these seem on point, looking forward to it.

Still the problem of not being able to get what you want /shrug

6 Likes

This is tiresome.

66 Likes

Time to stack gushing wound

8 Likes

F

1 Like

Here’s my feedback based on my experiences so far. The issues I’ve experienced since 8.3 launched has been is less with the corruptions themselves, and more a general issue with getting anything to corrupt-forge at all. Adding to the frustration is the way the ‘RNG’ (which I am convinced is not RNG at all), decides what you will get.

IMHO we really need something akin to the Crucible from Legion, or an ability for players to target specific corruptions. Some people get wall to wall Echoing Voids or Infinite Stars, while others are getting 0 corruption on their items every time they do a daily.

Additionally I feel like corrupted gear should factor in what your base item level is when it is created. A way to apply a new random corruption to an item of yours would be a good thing as well, albiet at a high cost (maybe a Vessel or X Coaslescing Visions / Mementos?).

I say this because the last 2 items I got that were corrupted were like 30-40 Ilevels below some of my base items, which does not feel like meaningful progression when you have to equip a item with much weaker stats, but which has corruption.

27 Likes

This should’ve happened way sooner. This severely diminishes the impact of a whole bunch of pieces my guildies have since gotten and will make progression that much harder for the people that have already obtained these pieces.

EV needs some slight tuning, to be sure, but Void Ritual and Deadly Momentum are two of SEVERAL Corruptions that need significant buffs to be considered even remotely viable.

You’re just the messenger, but the fact that this needs to be done well into the progress of the tier shows just how poorly thought-out this entire system was from the very beginning.

56 Likes

By making these changes you are screwing over every guild who didnt raid 70 hours last week to clear most of the mythic raid while these coruptions were op.

69 Likes

it’s unreal Blizz can’t get one thing right this expansion

60 Likes

Increase the drop rate of corrupted items.

37 Likes

Gee whiz wish someone could have tested this!

What is getting nerfed next week? STAY TUNED!

Ps: Don’t buy any items with corruption there is literally 0 guarantee it won’t be dumpstered next week

68 Likes

Rather than tune up all the lower craptastic corruption, you nerf the good ones again and again … making an already unwanted system even worse…

65 Likes

So am I getting back my void ritual and other corrupted gear I cleansed due to their absolute ineffectiveness?

Also, you’re not touching infinite stars? What??

49 Likes