Corruption RNG9

8.3 currently feels really bad to me, due to corruption RNG. In quite a few groups i’m doing 10k dps less than people who got lucky on good effects. Last season if people out dmg’d me in mythic+ by a significant amount it was incentive to learn, to improve.

Right now I can watch people standing in mechanics, dieing a lot, and still overall performing as well if they got lucky on RNG. Or if they’re of similar skill level, just obliterating people in raw dmg output. All due to RNG.

It’s not uncommon to see tanks beating dps due to corruption differences.

Honestly, it makes me want to unsub. It feels incredibly bad to play your butt off with people of the same skill level but do ~10-20% less dps. Boss fights can be even more of a joke with people pulling 60k without hero (single target), at the same gear level as others doing 40k.

The question i’m left asking is, why am I playing skill-based content (m+) yet a huge portion of my performance is determined by RNG? It’s just so counter-intuitive.

I feel like they got this massively wrong. Perhaps it should’ve been vendor based like residuum or something, to remove luck from it.

I understand it’ll probably even out eventually in a couple of months once everyone can pick which corruption they want to run. But that doesn’t make it feel any less bad right now.

We started with a buggy patch launch that felt like it hadn’t even been tested. We get through that and right now it’s pure luck as to your performance being just average or amazing.

Anyone else feel the same?

6 Likes

The things is, you are not competing against those in your group. If they do bonkers damage and you time your instance or get a boss kill, then isn’t it a win?

but rng has always been a problem, and is further exacerbated with a few of the corruptions being ridiculously over-the-top right now. I imagine they will be brought in line in short order

1 Like

Good point, I should have explained better. What I mean is competing in terms of getting reinvites or added to other friend networks etc.

Most of my network and invites i’ve received is as a result of performing “well” with people i’ve played with before. It’s a direct comparison between the dps to see who might be worth adding, etc. Dps are a dime a dozen.

It’s usually even more important at the start of seasons, you can then all ride that wave up together.

2 Likes

I feel you. Ive been farming my butt off to get all 460/465 gear from m+ and all ive gotten is a crap tier 1 infinite stars which is crap dmg.

Meanwhile my alt which is 10 ilvls lower does the same dmg cos he got a few nice corruption procs.

Makes me feel crappy compared to this hunter I run with who procd a tier 3 infinite stars on his weapon and hes set for the rest of the expansion

Ive just been playing mostly resto now since my dmg is actually crap compared to someone whos got lucky with corruption procs :frowning:

Hey Shfthappens,

Here’s something that may cheer you up - I have only recieved trinkets from my pve caches and chest / head from the pvp one that are “100% corrupted” with the exception of those pieces. I’ve done over dungeon 40 keys and cloak is max and done 4 visions bonus keys for momento farm. I’ve done every daily everyday. - I’ve got 1 corruption piece that gives mastery yet to recieve any of the good ones even if tier"1"…

I absolutely DETESTS this SILLY UNTESTED RNG system…

8.3 rivals the selfie patch, you’re not alone in thinking this patch is anything more than a wet fart wet.

There’s no 8.3.5, this is it until at least next fall.

Unsub and play better games. Blizzard doesn’t deserve your money right now.

This right here. 2 weeks. 4 trinkets from PvP / PvE chest. So many dungeons done, not a single corruption piece. I got one pair of 430 boots from a horrific vision. This patch is garbage.

RNG Sucks = get benched, no progress.

I know it’s fun for some corruption affixes to be stronger than others, but why are most of them allowed to be absolute trash?

Simple! There must be broken OP Corruption and then there’s the bad Corruptions that need to be cleansed right away.

As Thanos would say… “Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.”

Well it’s being addressed blue text just went up. Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

I’m sorry but running with friends sometimes begets competition between the dps, it’s fun to try to best each other as it makes everyone push it just that harder to do more dps, now it’s just a game of “who has echoing void”.

I doubt it. They nerfed infinite stars and its STILL stupid over-powered.

I love this game, but I think blizzard missed the point about why so many players wanted titanforging removed. It separates the casuals from the more competitive players, but something like titanforging gives all players reward without work. Corruption gear in my opinion is not only doing the same thing, but is actually worse, when you consider certain buffs like twilight devastation for mythic+ keys, or infinite stars for raids, burst so high with r3, that wearing a piece of gear at 445 with the corruption bonus would more then likely outdo a higher item level piece at 470. Furthermore, if they insist on keeping this new system, then why for the love of god is gear drops not scaling more appropriately for higher item level players, for example, you do a world quest for rep, paragon caches, or warfronts and get a piece at 415 or 430 with a really good R3 corruption… my suggestion is that blizzard makes R3 corruption a purchasable enchant with some new currency, OR get rid of corruption gear, and keep gear balancing to key level difficulties, I personally don’t mind being outgeared by players that are better then me, its >fair< if they have earned it through skill.

1 Like

I’d like to add that with these low gear possibilities dropping R3 corruptions, will probably cause a lot of stronger players in guilds to deny helping other guild mates through lower level keys, as to avoid running the risk of getting R3 on something with a low item level.

That’s how I think of it. I have trash corruptions, and i’m avoiding running all the carries with guildies that I have in the past, as I will absolutely lose my crap if I finally got a r3 of something decent on a low ilvl piece.

I know that’s not how it works statistically, but I also know that’s how it’ll make me feel.

Previous seasons i’ve always carried bunches of “lowbies” through their keys or some +10’s each week. Titanforging actually encouraged it, because there was that low chance of getting a nice TF even from a low key. Now with all the RNG rings it’s the opposite, since nothing can give ilvl.

Good design blizz, you’ve accomplished the exact opposite of what you said you wanted.

Better start doing those world quest. I have multiple 410/420 pieces w/ rank 2 procs from world quest.